• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Blues, Booze & BBQ

Attachments

• 8-21-10_BBQ_chix.jpg
    8-21-10_BBQ_chix.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 8-21-10_BBQ_chix_plate.jpg
    8-21-10_BBQ_chix_plate.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 8-21-10_BBQ_chix_plate2.jpg
    8-21-10_BBQ_chix_plate2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 8-21-10_drinks.jpg
    8-21-10_drinks.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 104
True. I usually make them from scratch too but they were on sale so I spiced them up. ;)

This is my lazy Blues BBQ.

I don't think you can poo poo that chicken though!

Thanks

I will. That's my lunch for the next few days ;)

A small one from me as well.

A couple of Country Style Beef Ribs, and an Andouille Sausage. When the Andouille's are done right they are very tasty, just depends on who's receipe that week. Some Penzys Chicago Steak Seasoning, and some of my Spiked (Blairs Mega Death) Stubb's Original BBQ Sauce.
IMG_1165.jpg

The Booze
IMG_1164.jpg

The Blues
Will post some pics after the cookn' is done, enjoy the music!

Cheers!

I'm thinking pulled pork tenderloin sammiches with homemade coleslaw, vidalia onion slices, on some toasted chibatta for my B-day dinner.....

Sound acceptable?

I'm thinking pulled pork tenderloin sammiches with homemade coleslaw, vidalia onion slices, on some toasted chibatta for my B-day dinner.....

Sound acceptable?
I don't like onion in slaw, or with slaw in this case, butttttt let's see it!

:bday:

Caramelize them to cut the bite? Then I may be down.

I don't like onion in slaw, or with slaw in this case, butttttt let's see it!

:bday:

Caramelize them to cut the bite? Then I may be down.

That is a darn good idea. I may just do that. But I do love fresh vidalia with BBQ! *YUM!* Dinner and photos tomorrow night!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! :cool:

THP. 'Bout dadgum time you jumped in here. The chix and beans are certifiable blues food. Hot blue and righteous I sez!

Paul....I'm down with onions any style. Bring that 'que on here pronto birthday boy!

Satch. Bring 'dat andouille right over here when it's ready please.

Okay.....

HERE COME DA JUDGE!!!

I'll be doing this in pieces-parts as I'm going to enjoy every beer-soaked minute of my birfdey!!! :cool:

Here comes da BLUES!

Johnny Winter is so awesome, that the only words more awesome than awesome is Johnny Winter!!

Got it?

GOOD!!! :rofl:

Here's the booze....

I love Red Stripe with BBQ....it must be a throwback to the Cue we made in FL back in the day. The Keystone will never be too far out of reach.....and the last beer?......well, haven't tried it yet....but thought it was HILARIOUS!!! :rofl:

100_1712.jpg

100_1713.jpg

.....man, I love being me!!

Couple of teasers before I go have 2 or 10 more beers....

The players. Note the CANNED BEANS ;) as I can't possibly make them in my present state.....nor would they be nearly as good! Three huge tenderloins....one of which came pre-peppered,(how convenient!) but all got smothered in my homemade rub.

100_1716.jpg

100_1717.jpg

I'll let these chill a bit and start the smoker (my kettle grill will have to do....with the coals and wood on one side....meat on the other) in a while.

More to follow.....

TO THE BEER CAVE!!....there isn't a moment to lose!

Smoke away! Don't forget the blues!

Go canned beans!

Paulky don't use that liquid smoke, you're already smoking.

Back