• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Breaking Bread

Started baking some bread for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner. Here are the first couple out of the oven.

image.jpeg

It's been a while since I've baked anything. But it's finally starting to get cooler down here, I'll have to start up again.
This loaf was from this past winter, I was making loaves pretty much twice a week...so by the end of winter I was getting pretty damn good results. Lately I've been using Ken Forkish's method from Flour Water Salt Yeast.
I'm excited to start baking and eating real bread again
kMJ7h86.jpg

ysym8P6.jpg

Sorry, no crumb shot.

Jubnat said:
It's been a while since I've baked anything. But it's finally starting to get cooler down here, I'll have to start up again.
This loaf was from this past winter, I was making loaves pretty much twice a week...so by the end of winter I was getting pretty damn good results. Lately I've been using Ken Forkish's method from Flour Water Salt Yeast.
I'm excited to start baking and eating real bread again
kMJ7h86.jpg
ysym8P6.jpg

Sorry, no crumb shot.
Real nice. Look great.

Made some Rye Bread, Couldn't wait till it cooled down so cut into it, topped with butter,I also inserted 8 quartered dried tomatoes in their, the flavor permeates throughout, caraway seeds too.
100 % Rye, Four day ferment, couple tbsp Fancy Molasses on the final day added as 2tbsp caraway. Preheat 500f reduce to 400, 40min.

P1100455_RyeBread-1000_zps69359fck.jpg

P1100456_RyeBread-1000_zpsgzhl9t8h.jpg

P1100459_RyeBread-1000_zpscmgnbsrj.jpg

P1100458_RyeBread-1000_zpsxup5bqbg.jpg

New bread Baked yesterday. Rye, Buckwheat, Rice, 6 day ferment.
1 3/4 cup, 2 cups, 1/2 cup
1tbsp ACV, pinch yeast, 2 cups Apple juice, 2tbsp coconut oil, 1tbsp fresh rosemary, 1tbsp seasoning mix, 1tbsp, caraway seeds. 1/4cup fancy Molasses on final day.

Nice chewy crust, moist, strong knit. Topped with cheddar, El Jefe and butter. really enjoyed it

P1100491_Bread-1000_zps2z9sgtad.jpg

P1100492_Bread-1500_zps4lit7jxi.jpg

P1100493_BreadCheeseButter-1000_zpsvleipvdb.jpg

After the cinnamon rolls a few days ago, decided to give bread making a shot.

Watched a few vids on no knead recipes...turned out a Parmesean loaf to go with Goulash, then a Garlic loaf to go with Chicken veg soup.

Mixed up a batch of reg dough last night to try no knead loafs .....getting ready to preheat oven now.

Never thought I could make bread, so easy and results so far have been excellent.

Garlic Artisan from Wednesday.

Back