wanted Canadian seed train P.R.O.J.E.C.T. ROUND 4 (looking for more members)

My plants are doing well. The plants in pots are doing much better than the ones in the garden. I'm in for round 3 this time around.

Hmmmm. Maybe we should wait the end of this summer to start round 3? This way, we could harvest more seeds available for everybody. What do you all think?

Most of my plants are doing awesome. Most are just starting to get really productive. My Caribbean red Habs and Yellow Devil's Tongues have yet to pop out any pods unfortunately. My bonnets are doing surprisingly well though. And they're pretty hot! I think I may skip this round as I still have a huge variety of seeds and didn't get a chance to plant them all this year anyway. I'll probably be keeping tabs anyway! Hope you're all having a good summer!

On my end, in the garden some plants are doing good, especially cayenne, aji lemon drop, bhut jolokia, black habs and pumpkin pat (yeah the name i gave my unknown pepper), still waiting for the scorpions, peter pepper, golden habs, fatalii, naga morich... they do have flowers tough.

I also have some in pots that i started last september as an indoor test, only had a couple of pods, dwarf ones. So i decided to bring them out, almost burned them (live and learn) and now they are giving me a lot of pods, 7 pot, red devil's tongue and chocolate habs.

3rd round should be later this season indeed, hope i'll have a lot of seeds to share :pray: !

Pat

marclocas said:
Hmmmm. Maybe we should wait the end of this summer to start round 3? This way, we could harvest more seeds available for everybody. What do you all think?
For sure, I'm thinking later as well. 

How is everyone doing?

I had a fun variety a few weeks ago:
10053675114_5a22db8e9e.jpg

These mostly got dehydrated and made into powder. Saved the seeds on these ones from the mature pods.

And some pickings from this weekend.
10053749316_87d8d81af9.jpg

We've had quite a few frost warnings in my area, but strangely enough, the weather is holding up.

My plants are getting through our rain but they are about to be overwintered. My 7pot plants have exploded. The rest are average.

I really want to pickle some peppers but my buds are beggin me for some hot sauce.... Oh, the options. :)

Should we be getting this train a-movin? We had our first run by now last year.

Since the train will most likely start here, i'd like 2 more weeks to get the maximum seeds possible... if it's ok with you guys :shocked:

If all others are ready, you can always be on the return trip. That'll be a few weeks; however, if everyone else could use the time, let's hang it up for a couple weeks. We have all winter to get ready :)

Whichever is fine with me :halo: , and I know from the last train, it moved along pretty quickly....so another couple of weeks shouldn't hurt :dance:

Hey all!
Glad to hear you all had a GREAT growing summer.
As to the seed train starting up, I am sure marclocas will let us all know whats happening as soon as he can. He gets the alerts like us all (and I am looking forward to the start too!).
Be patient and the conductor will punch the tickets soon enough.
Mark

I would be in for the next seed train, some of my more interesting varieties are still ripening here on the west coast. Although already have plenty of germination tested seed ready for the train.

Back