• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Chili?

JayT said:
I just made some chili with moose last weekend. See my JayT's Superhot Chile thread. I made it with moose, venison, kielbasa, smoked pork sausage, and an assortment of superhots.
I have got to stop over your house some day.

JayT said:
I just made some chili with moose last weekend. See my JayT's Superhot Chile thread. I made it with moose, venison, kielbasa, smoked pork sausage, and an assortment of superhots.

*grabs bike and starts out the door towards PA*

I'll be there in a month, dude

One thing that is gaining in popularity around here is Bambi Chili. Deer is extremely lean but very tasty and the juices help make it tender.

One type I want to try is White Chili and not that concoction that is nothing but soup. I have some white tomato juice that I will add turkey breast and white kidney beans to.

Then I have yellow and orange tomato juice to try also. With 82 quarts of juice I should be able to fix several gallons of chili this winter and next spring.

Mike

wordwiz said:
I don't know if this is a popular dish outside of Cincinnati or not but this is popular here, a 3-, 4- or 5-Way French Fries:

chilicheesefries.jpg

Mike

I wish you hadn't posted that. As a Belgian, I quite like my fries, almost as much as I like chili. But I never thought of COMBINING the two. There goes my BMI...

I'm drooling now and I hate you! :P

Wide-O said:
I wish you hadn't posted that. As a Belgian, I quite like my fries, almost as much as I like chili. But I never thought of COMBINING the two. There goes my BMI...

I'm drooling now and I hate you! ;)

America: doing our best to make the rest of the world as fat as us!

Lol chili cheese fries are great though.

I'm making my first batch of chili this weekend and I've got nearly a whole row of taters I can dig. It's my home-canned juice so I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Mike

Back