• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

chilli killer

I have found whipped cream works best. The sugar in it draws the capsaicin crystals out of your tastebuds, and the dairy enzymes take them away. Plus whipped cream doesn't cost $6 a shot.

DEFCON Creator said:
I have found whipped cream works best. The sugar in it draws the capsaicin crystals out of your tastebuds, and the dairy enzymes take them away. Plus whipped cream doesn't cost $6 a shot.

To me,

Extinguishing the flames after setting them of your own free-will seems, if nothing else, indecicive?

Why poke the hornet's nest and then be surprised you got stung?

If casein is what gets rid of the heat...

GOLDSTANDARD100CASIEN.jpg

I will have to test this.

Tinpaper said:
If casein is what gets rid of the heat...

GOLDSTANDARD100CASIEN.jpg

I will have to test this.

While you're at it buy some non-alcoholic beer.

Woah, no need to be hostile.. especially coming from an admin. Looks like younger people aren't accepted on this forum. I guess it was a bad idea to start posting.

Humor! Relax!!!! I've never wanted to kill the burn, but I have wanted to get rid of some serious stomach cramps that felt like extract eating through my stomach lining and spreading through my body about 20 min. after eating the product. Keeled over in pain. Man. That I can live without.

thehotpepper.com said:
Humor! Relax!!!! I've never wanted to kill the burn, but I have wanted to get rid of some serious stomach cramps that felt like extract eating through my stomach lining and spreading through my body about 20 min. after eating the product. Keeled over in pain. Man. That I can live without.

No worries, humor can be hard to detect over the internet, I jumped to conclusions too soon. My first day posting and I am already getting into misunderstandings. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back on topic. I will be testing how well casein kills heat out of curiosity, since I own a tub of it.
Test #1:
p1000514v.jpg

Since the only peppers I have on hand are Thai and Jalapeno, I will test how well increased casein kills mouth burn. I will go out and buy some Habaneros to test stomach burn at a later time. Then, I suppose testing with hunan hands might follow if the results are good.

That was fast, I guess you already had some :D

Can you try it with extreme sauce?

@THP: All I have on hand extract wise are Black Mamba, After Death, and Sudden Death. If one of these are good, I'd be more than happy to test with them for stomach pains.

The method:
- Each thai pepper was eaten whole and chewed thoroughly for 30 seconds.
- 60 seconds were then given for the full heat to set in.
- Each drink was taken in small sips and swished throughout the mouth
- 60 minutes were given in between tests
- The casein drink was taken first

The results:

Relief after drinking:
Plain milk = burn reduced ~10%
Milk + casein = burn reduced ~35%

Burn time:
Plain milk = 20 minutes
Milk + casein = 12 minutes

Other symptoms after drink:
Plain milk = Heavy drooling, strong lip burn, running nose, minor stomach discomfort
Milk + casein = Minor running nose, normal lip burn

I will need to continue testing this. It was a notable difference in relief. The stomach pain testing will follow sometime next week. :shocked:

Wow. That's interesting. I have never heard of Casein. I suppose there could be a use for that if you were at a hot sauce convention and wanted to keep trying more stuff over an over.

I will try this with some lightening tonight, at least it's not worth 6 bucks a shot (btw at 6 bucks a shot the bottle would be worth over $100)

Novacastrian said:
I will try this with some lightening tonight, at least it's not worth 6 bucks a shot (btw at 6 bucks a shot the bottle would be worth over $100)

$6 is the standard price for shots around here at bars.

here too for the premium stuff

I like to eat sugar cubes or fruit to tame the extreme burn. Strawberries and lemon cucumber seem to be my favorites lately

JayT said:
Wow. That's interesting. I have never heard of Casein. I suppose there could be a use for that if you were at a hot sauce convention and wanted to keep trying more stuff over an over.

TBOMK, Cottage cheese (heated till fat comes out)+Sugar kills heat in an instant.I have never seen anything kill HEAT so fast.

My 2 cents

NJA

Back