Coffee Roasters

Also, as SR said a few posts ago, an empty soup can will work too.  The whole point is to make sure the beans don't go flying out when the roast is finishing and they weigh a lot less.  I have been fortunate so far.  My roaster never spits beans with 3.5oz in the chamber.  I can imagine the pain if it did though if you accidentally caught one in the crook of your arm or something! 

Well tonight I really made a dark roast and I was hoping to stop it before the oils were released but it happened so quickly. Thats what I get for roasting at night on the patio with an outside light thats not so bright. I'll try it out in the morning in my espresso machine.

Attachments

• dark.JPG
    dark.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 76
dragonsfire said:
lol, thats why I went with the timer, in the garage its low light. Def look dark and Beautiful. I used to eat chocolate covered beans, maybe try and make some with my new golden beans :)
haha good one lol

Bottom center, been looking for a new one just for coffee but the costs have double. If I can find a used one or sale one for $25 then Il go for it.

O and Congrats on getting that popper, was looking at that too.

So here is the result from 10 minutes in the Poppery 2(1200 Watt) I just picked up and 2 minutes in the Presto (1440 Watt) popper. Its the most even roast so far that I've done. 

Attachments

• perfect roast.JPG
    perfect roast.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 69
grantmichaels said:
Two-roaster'ing now? =)
Yes the longer the roast up to a point where the beans are not being baked the more developed the flavor of the beans. Roasting to fast will also result in a not so pleasing taste of the beans. 

I've read that the better tasting roasts take anywhere from 8-15 minutes in a controlled environment with programmable roasters.

So with that being said I roasted for 10 minutes in the Poppery 2 and didn't reach first crack but achieved a nice light-medium colored bean. Now my Presto 1440 watt will reach first crack in 2-3 minutes and second crack in another 30 seconds past 1st crack. That is a dark roast. 

So using both poppers gives me the best of both worlds. :)

Back