• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

College Football Thread

Well, my season is over. aside from a toilet bowl appearance. :( I can handle 5 losses, but Gawd I hate losing to FSU! They ran us.

Congrats AJ, As you know the National title game is actually played on the first Saturday of December each year in the Ga Dome!
If yall can get past the Ol' Ball Coach.. I'm kinda torn tho..Love Spurrier but if the cocks win, I'm not sure that the SEC will get to represent.
Gotta pull for the Tigers in this one!

Congrats AJ, As you know the National title game is actually played on the first Saturday of December each year in the Ga Dome!

again.jpg

You gotta be kidding me, the SEC East is a dumpster fire right now- the Cocks ain't the second best team in the nation... :rofl:

Never said Cocks were 2nd.. just that when AU wins they are nat champs... how many years we gotta prove this to yall?
The title runs thru the dome!

I have watched almost all of AUs games this year...I am still unsure what they have...I know they have been finding a way to win the games but still I am unsure...the defense is unpredictable...the offense is going to score points...the gamecocks played us a good game earlier in the season and with Spurriers excellence at coaching, I am sure he will have something up his sleeve...(maybe an arm lol)

IMO, the key to this game will be turnovers...

AU 48 SC 31

I predicted too low....AU 56 SC 17

damn what a game...I think I now finally understand what Auburn has...when they decide to turn on the afterburners...watch out...

Seems we are having Duck for dinner January 10, 2011.

WAR DAM EAGLE!!!!!

I wonder if they gave Cam the Heisman Reggie returned :lol:
:) I dunno but when he goes pro this year, Auburn will free up alot of their salary cap!

I hate that my coach quit on us! and I am NOT thrilled about Muschamp.
I hope he aint the next Zook!

The Horns really sucked this year! :banghead:

But what's up with some of these bowl matchups? For instance Nebraska and Washington? Geez that is gonna be a trouncing by Neb again. Why couldnt they give them a quality opponent like Boise St? Give those teams a chance to prove themselves against the BSC schools.

IMO the most interesting game will not be Oregon and Auburn. TCU and Wisconsin will be a must see game!

The Big East dosent even deserve a tidy bowl game this year. I think even my Longhorns could beat them. And thats saying alot coz they suck this year the worst I have seen in years

AJ if your Auburn boys have any weaknesses on defense Oregon will find it and exploit the hell out of it. They are a freaking scoring machine. Neither team means much to me but if I was a gambling man I'd take Oregon. I think the speed in which the Ducks score will take it's toll on the Tigers defense. Sorry AJ.

I had great fun watching the national title game,, I have watched it the first saturday of December for like 15 years,, well mebbe 5, But it feels like 15! :) Congrats AJ,,, Wha.. yall got a scrimmage coming up?

Just found out that at my school (and I am sure all schools) the football players get to sign up for classes first before anyone because it "has to fit their team sched." .. even off season!

One more reason to hate college sports.

oops. I suppose those on this thread like college football haha :lol:

in good fun, xo nicole

Dana Holgerson to be the OC next year and the HC for at least the next four years. Things could get exciting in Morgantown for the Mountaineers.

Well I am patiently waiting for the Uconn Vs Okla. game - it may be a trouncing but its great for CT to make it there and with a son who is 15 and plays football its a great way to hope for a scholarship !

Terrelle Pryor said that it was his dad that got the tats! Damn you cant sell an autograph, but you can sell your kid???
Hell they'd be better off selling pics of their feet to Rex! :rofl:

Har, Har, Har, Lol………Lol. Five Bucknuts suspended for first five games of 2011 season for selling stuff given to them by the university. Guess they needed gas money for their Escalades! Why not suspend them for the bowl game. Oh, to much corporate sponsorship money I guess. They now will probably just bolt and try to go pro.

For the Auburn crowd, how long will it be before they have to return their championship trophy because of affairs de’ Cam Newton? Right, it was only his Dad and junior knew nothing about it.

As for my own vested interest, I hope that we beat the hell out of ‘Bama and the carpet bagging SOB of a head coach of theirs. I must confess (quietly) that I hope we just put on a respectable show and can keep it close. After years of ineptitude, we are in uncharted waters so there is a learning curve. However; if you want to roll with the “big boys” of college football, you have to play them and beat them!

Michigan still sucks!!!! Beat them three years in a row and that’s all that matters.

Thank you for reading my rant. I will now go make my Cristmas bloody mary and wait for all the flaming rebuttals. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Proud Spartan Alum. '75

I love college football.........unfortunately my team was once again suppose to be "back" and was once again EXPOSED.

Hard to pick the NC game...........gut feeling that it might not be the shootout that everyone thinks.

Well bowl season is pickin up, where is everybody? Sure is mad in here! C'mon AJ, you know there's gonna be smack-talk on the Cam pay for play thing, I mean right on the heels of Reggie Bush/USC? I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he knew either- it only goes on everywhere, in all the big conferences... Most of the detractors are just bummed they ain't got him on their team. Regardless of where one stands on the did he didn't he know thing- pretty clear he is the most outstanding player in the game today.

That said, I'm kinda pullin for the Ducks! Ain't a Ducks a fan, but dig Eugene and have to go for my second favorite conference I guess. But if I was putting money on the game, I'd say Auburn has this. Oregon is way down in what the been putting out lately. Don't think they will be able to contain Cam. I'll probably be secretly happy for you though AJ, I'm sure you are an Engineering alum from there.... Just not looking forward to all the other SEC team hurrrrs piggy backing on yet another SEC NC victory....

Haven't had as much time as I'd like to watch the bowl games so far this year... checked out the Poinsettia Bowl between SDSU and Navy (was going for Navy, bummer) and the Insight Bowl with Iowa/Mizzou... Have Friday off, but ain't really impressed w/ the slate of games that day. Lookin forward to my game on Jan 1st! Kind of a drag in a way, Wisconsin doesn't have anything to gain by playing TCU really- If you win, it's well of course you should, they're a MWC team. And if you lose, it's a LOL like Bama going down to Boise State a few years back. Would be going to the game, but the wife is due to deliver any frickin day... and she's a Cal alum, so she ain't got any bowl obligations this year :lol:

So anybody watching anything? Gimme some effin bowl talk!!!

I hear ya! Alot of venom in here!
The game I'm looking forward to the most is the Badgers vs TCU..I normally root against the big 10, but I am soooo tired of these non-AQ teams thinking they have a shot!..Just Because bama wasnt up for a stupid Utah team,, but what about Hawaii vs UGA a few years back and look at the wonderful Cinncinati last year vs my gators.
And, whats up with these cheatin ass bucknuts!!! how do they get to play in the bowl??? I seriously think its because them wusses are 0-9 vs SEC,,so they want to manufacture a win! I'm a huge Falcons fan ,and ABSOLUTELY hate Petrino.....But I will root for him to kick the sweatervests arse!!

EDIT: Congrats on the new baby man!!!!

Right Wayright, thanks- Bama/Utah, not Boise St- was thinkin' Sooners/BS I guess...

Anyhow, I don't know what's up w/ the Ohio State thing... I can just see the NCAA official finger-wagging... "Now after your Sugar Bowl game Terrell, I want you to know there are some serious repercussions next year that you will have to deal with.... You will miss all your non-conference games...."

Back