• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Comfort Food Throwdown... BEGIN!

Most comforting food?

• JayT - Chile-rubbed Prime Rib with Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes and Parmesan Green Bean Casserole

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • paulky_2000 - Paul's Pork Chops wWith Firecracker Corn And Masochistic Mac-N-Cheese!

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Quadshotz - Salsbury Steak w/ Bacon-Serrano Beans, Mashed Poatoes & Mushroom Gravy

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Noshownate - WHite Bullet Meat Loaf w/Honey Bacon Grilled Corn and Brown Sugar Glazed Sweet Potatoes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • POTAWIE - POTAWIE'S Pulled Pork Platter

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • moyboy - Pip's Great Balls of Fire

• SumOfMyBits - Ain't Grandma's Chicken w/ Creamed Spinach and Stuffin'

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • frydadd4 - Shrimp N Grits N Greens N Bluebell

• texasblues - TB's TexMex Combinacions Plato Grande

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thehotpepper.com said:
LOL! Hey TB since you made like two dozen tamales last week I have a feeling those two were reheated. Busted? It doesn't matter because you did like 5 sides!

PS. Just bustin' chops, it doesn't matter.

Yeah, the only way to do tamales is to make dozens of them in advance as in my case I did it over 2 full days. I thought about over and over and reckoned if I made enough sides it would be a non issue and would compliment the overall spread. This 'thang ain't over yet so we'll see how successful it was in the end.

Thanks Nova!
BTW- I have an Aji Lemon and a Dorset Naga from you, via FD4, that are fightin' for survival... leaves all chewed up. But I found the fat culprit today, poured some concrete slippers for him and threw him in the lake behind the house. Now he sleeps with the fishes if you know what I'm sayin'.

Cool about the Naga and Aji dude, they will take over the world!! Now what kind of animal/insect was it that was chewing the crap outta them?

Caterpillar. Brown and about an inch long. Fat and happy as could be rolling lazily in the sun next to the Aji. Got a little too complacent with the cushy environs.

Oh no! Nate with the fuzzy pictures of Bigfoot still has a no vote. I'm telling you, this guy (and gal) is gonna WOW us one day!

SumOfMyBits said:
Caterpillar. Brown and about an inch long. Fat and happy as could be rolling lazily in the sun next to the Aji. Got a little too complacent with the cushy environs.

I wonder if you fried him up would he be spicy?

frydad4 said:
thanks paulky! I have 7 and a half hours to mount the most epic comeback in throwdown history. Watch out!

I am SO making your dish this weekend!! I already went out and got all the ingredients...

I could pick and choose a good holiday spread from all o' this- I think I'll take Paul's Pork Chops and firecracker corn, Nates sweet potatoes, Sumofmy bits chicken and stuffin, and, I'm sorry, I forgot who did the collard greens. Tb made a whole restaurant menu from a border town, I think, Unfortunately I did not grow up with those fixin's though I am going to use his posts as tutorials. :onfire: It all looks good! those that got fewer votes were on my list, they just got beat out by somethin that spoke down home to me!

Thanks Celeste!

It was soooooooo good! And, for my first throwdown, I've got a better idea of what sells!

I can't wait for the next one! (Turkey Throwdown?)

Looks like there will be a tie breaking poll coming!

This poll has been extended one day! If it's still a tie we'll do a tie breaking poll.

Hehe. Well it's back open so the same poeple don't vote... yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back