• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Comfort Food Throwdown... BEGIN!

Most comforting food?

• JayT - Chile-rubbed Prime Rib with Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes and Parmesan Green Bean Casserole

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • paulky_2000 - Paul's Pork Chops wWith Firecracker Corn And Masochistic Mac-N-Cheese!

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Quadshotz - Salsbury Steak w/ Bacon-Serrano Beans, Mashed Poatoes & Mushroom Gravy

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Noshownate - WHite Bullet Meat Loaf w/Honey Bacon Grilled Corn and Brown Sugar Glazed Sweet Potatoes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • POTAWIE - POTAWIE'S Pulled Pork Platter

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • moyboy - Pip's Great Balls of Fire

• SumOfMyBits - Ain't Grandma's Chicken w/ Creamed Spinach and Stuffin'

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • frydadd4 - Shrimp N Grits N Greens N Bluebell

• texasblues - TB's TexMex Combinacions Plato Grande

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy, but for me, comfort food is a single, easy to make dish, something like mashed potatos or mac and cheese.

Skydiver said:
Call me crazy, but for me, comfort food is a single, easy to make dish, something like mashed potatos or mac and cheese.

:runs away screaming:

I can see the big girl in the corner shaking her finger saying "don't go there sister"

:rofl:

Skydiver said:

Could very well be! Chili comes to mind immediately. I also make a killer curried shrimp with rice.

I should have made the Kentucky Hot Brown for the throwdown....but I chose MY comfort food. ;)

JayT you got my vote. Meat and taters is good comfort food, and you outdid yourself.

paulky_2000 said:
kinda like describing the perfect belly button.

That's EZ..the one with the Tequila in it! :cool:

BTW, made a trek to the new BIG asian store today...I got hellacious ingreds....thai chillies, thai curry paste, etc.

Oh, and I got 1lb of mustard powder, an ounce of fresh turmeric root along with way too many chiles...there shall be EBiL CHiNeZ3 MUStuRD very soon....it'll go nice with the fresh Thai Basil, eh?

i voted after the poll was reopened. was going to vote earlier, but kept forgetting to read this at home. (at work couldn't see all the pics). i went with JayT - the meat, potatoes, and green bean was just outstanding. i now have to explain to the wife why the computer screen has lick marks on it.

JayT's holdin' steady. More votes!

Get it over with already! All hail the new double crown...

JayT

Helluva' WIN! Jay. You did it up hot, blue, and righteous! Now jump back and kiss yo''sef two times!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back