• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Comfort Food Throwdown... BEGIN!

Most comforting food?

• JayT - Chile-rubbed Prime Rib with Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes and Parmesan Green Bean Casserole

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • paulky_2000 - Paul's Pork Chops wWith Firecracker Corn And Masochistic Mac-N-Cheese!

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Quadshotz - Salsbury Steak w/ Bacon-Serrano Beans, Mashed Poatoes & Mushroom Gravy

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Noshownate - WHite Bullet Meat Loaf w/Honey Bacon Grilled Corn and Brown Sugar Glazed Sweet Potatoes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • POTAWIE - POTAWIE'S Pulled Pork Platter

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • moyboy - Pip's Great Balls of Fire

• SumOfMyBits - Ain't Grandma's Chicken w/ Creamed Spinach and Stuffin'

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • frydadd4 - Shrimp N Grits N Greens N Bluebell

• texasblues - TB's TexMex Combinacions Plato Grande

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
JayT said:
You've done good TB. You did the picture proud. And Tequilla. A+ effort my friend.

Thanx Jay. I think I would have done better if I was drunk and got real sloppy with the cheese. My presentation is just too clean. I couldn't capture the grainy TexMex dive vibe of the pic.:(

JayT said:
So how did Mrs. Blues rate it? I know you were waiting to see what she said.

When I first told her before making it, she rolled her eyes. I made some bean and cheese chimmi's friday night and when I told her about those she gave the WTF? look. So before I started last nights T-down cooking she had me do up a couple bean and cheese chimmi's for her. mrs. blues approved. She liked the last batch of tamales so much she's having me crock pot up another shoulder today.

texas blues said:
Thanx Jay. I think I would have done better if I was drunk and got real sloppy with the cheese. My presentation is just too clean. I couldn't capture the grainy TexMex dive vibe of the pic.:(

Plating in a white styrofoam take out box with meal drenched in red sauce, double the cheese, and a stack of off-white old paper napkins would have brought that authentic dive vibe, AND would have slayed the competition, IMO. ;)

SumOfMyBits said:
Plating in a white styrofoam take out box with meal drenched in red sauce, double the cheese, and a stack of off-white old paper napkins would have brought that authentic dive vibe, AND would have slayed the competition, IMO. ;)

Brilliant! Frickin' brilliant!

It's funny you mention that Sum, I thought your plate was too foo foo and you couldn't see the food as good. It looks slammin' though!

SumOfMyBits said:

thehotpepper.com said:
It's funny you mention that Sum, I thought your plate was too foo foo and you couldn't see the food as good. It looks slammin' though!

Here's the original mojofied texmex dive foo foo pic..

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=15312

thehotpepper.com said:

Yeah, those are some hand-me-downs from the grandma. It does get a bit busy on the edges. Now that throwdowns are occurring in my kitchen I'll have to make sure the plates are up to snuff.

Damn it looks like everyone brought their A game..I would order anyone of these plates in a heart beat..

But,in the end there can only be 1...
I have to go with JT...

Prime Rib holds a special place in my heart...and the Gorgonzola mash is on target..

It looked better than some people selling plates for 30 bucks

It would be impossible to pick if all these were right in front of me and I could smell and see them in person. As is is, I'd have to give the nod to Sum cause his stuff looks good AND he made it as he watched the Canes destroy UVa.

I'm surprised Sum's only has one vote!

Potawie you started my mouth to watering, but then I got to stuffed chicken and greens and completely rolled over. Sum won me over! The pork chops looked way good, too.

I spent enough childhood far enough south to "get" collards, and if'n I was still in Mississippi, I would have it served up with catfish and cornbread.

They all looked good, ya'll, except gorgonzola on anything is too foofoo for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back