• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Tired of spamming all my meals in 20 different spots. Decided to make my own flog. 

First up on the meal list

Chicken fried rice

Teaser shot

Jasmine rice cooked and cooled to room temp.
1 white onion chopped
broccoli, carrots, peas and mushroom
3 green onions chopped
soy sauce
dried pequin powder
ginger
chili oil
garlic chili paste
2 chicken breasts.
sherry
2 eggs

Cook chicken in pan with chili oil
Deglaze pan with sherry.
season chicken to liking with garlic, pequin powder (or what ever kind of pepper powder you like), ginger and black pepper.
Remove from heat and chop for rice. 

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok. Allow wok to cool slightly.

Mix eggs with a few drops of soy sauce and cook in wok remove and set aside

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chicken to wok, along with carrots, mushrooms, peas, broccoli and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
  2. Add rice and green onions tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
  4. Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.

t0mato said:
Nice pies!

Thanks!

The sauce was pretty good, I did doctor it a tiny bit but not enough I couldn't taste the basil and stuff in it. I'd buy it again next time I don't feel like making from scratch. 

WYK7uab.jpg

Making blackened chicken

jicdsPq.jpg

rzRBkx9.jpg

IZna4b7.jpg

Ymj0FcQ.jpg

W20tYOa.jpg

apparently I was volunteered to make ramen for the inlaws this Thursday. Just peachy since I have $60 to last until next Tuesday. 

Kind of want to step up my ramen game a bit but doubt i'll have to funds to do porkbelly or anything. Might just have to resort to bacon again. 

I got some carnitas meat in the freezer. I could fry it up crispy with some chasu marinade. Make my eggs and broth tomorrow and let eggs marinade over night. 

Feel like it could benefit from some pickled radish or something. Or even just a few very thin slices of raddish for decoration. 

20130910-crisp-pork-miso-ramen-2-2.jpg

Crockpot-Crispy-Caramelized-Pork-Ramen-Noodle-Soup-w-Curry-Roasted-Acorn-Squash.-81.jpg

1e2b43ff1cbb72455d86e07c9a53f30d.jpg

I got a nice roasted chicken carcass in the freezer I just had the wife pull, will simmer it all day tomorrow with shiitake mushrooms, celery, carrots, ginger, green onions. A carton of chicken stock, a carton of beef broth and of course water. Let that simmer for at least 8 hours. 

Scoville DeVille said:
Damm dude, you got this!

You definitely have more than enough creativity to offset funds!

thanks, we shall see how it turns out. Of course the wife is begging me not to experiment and to make it exactly like last time but where's the fun in that? That's exactly what I try to stray from. People get in ruts and make the same 3-4 dishes their entire lives. Hell i'm even guilty of the basic staples like cheesesteak, pizza, tacos ect though I do try to improve upon them when I can. 

I really want to make miso ramen but she doesn't like miso soup. I tried to explain it's not really the same thing. 

QEU4FG0.jpg

Ramen Stock going

Lots of Shiitake mushrooms, green onion, garlic, copious amounts of ginger root, carrots, celery, a roasted chicken carcass, dried hot rod serrano x maui purple and some smoked bacon bits for a little extra flavor. 

Ll5JydP.jpg

Dinner was almost sabotaged by this box of broth. Went to pour it in and it started dribbling out the side. Who knows how long it was open for. Had to toss it and wash the pot out. 

Jrfd10q.jpg

A couple things going into the ramen. Couldn't find pork belly but they had salt pork.. which is basically the same thing. 

aSWq9xK.jpg

Starting to look like a soup stock

PgvzNzg.jpg

dish will already be salty since it's a shoyu ramen and I was going to marinade the salt pork in chasu marinade prior to tossing in the oven for a few hours. Wife wants crispy bacon in it as well so maybe i'll just include real thin slices in the bowl for a little extra umami 

Back