• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Tired of spamming all my meals in 20 different spots. Decided to make my own flog. 

First up on the meal list

Chicken fried rice

Teaser shot

Jasmine rice cooked and cooled to room temp.
1 white onion chopped
broccoli, carrots, peas and mushroom
3 green onions chopped
soy sauce
dried pequin powder
ginger
chili oil
garlic chili paste
2 chicken breasts.
sherry
2 eggs

Cook chicken in pan with chili oil
Deglaze pan with sherry.
season chicken to liking with garlic, pequin powder (or what ever kind of pepper powder you like), ginger and black pepper.
Remove from heat and chop for rice. 

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok. Allow wok to cool slightly.

Mix eggs with a few drops of soy sauce and cook in wok remove and set aside

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chicken to wok, along with carrots, mushrooms, peas, broccoli and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
  2. Add rice and green onions tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
  4. Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.

So much work for one meal

lxBzhHG.jpg

fEpZKqs.jpg

ESODJ4Q.jpg

VRlC1gE.jpg

lbQvvU3.jpg

t0mato said:
Wow. You really made it happen there. 

Did everyone else like it too? 

yea, my mother in law poo pood over a few things but that's to be expected with her. "Well i'd never" is her catch phrase. She's nice but gets under the skin. 

Everyone else loved it. 

next time just crispy pork, some ginger and bok choy. Enoki mushrooms where good but hard to find good ones near by. 

FreeportBum said:
Looks good buddy.

I'm making a batch of pho broth as I type.

Ever made rice noodles?

I prefer them in pho and was thinking about making some
No I haven't, love rice noodles though. I'd need another attachment for my noodle maker. Spaghetti is my smallest setting. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your soup post

I think for dinner tonight i'm going to make the wife the General tsos chicken with some eggrolls and a soup. Toss up between egg drop or hot n sour. Both are quick and easy to make. 

[SIZE=36pt]General D3monic's Chicken[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]INGREDIENTS[/SIZE]
For the Marinade:
2 egg white
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons dales marinade
4 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
4 tablespoons 80-proof vodka
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons corn starch
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch chunks

For the Dry Coating
1 cup flour
1 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt

For the Sauce:
3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
3 tablespoons dales marinade
4 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
4 tablespoons Rice vinegar
6 tablespoons low-sodium chicken stock
8 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoon roasted sesame seed oil
2 tablespoon corn starch
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 medium cloves)
4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (about one 2-inch piece)
4 teaspoons minced scallion bottoms (about 2 scallions), plus 6 to 8 scallions, white parts only, cut into 1-inch lengths
8 small dried smoked red chilies

[SIZE=15pt]DIRECTIONS[/SIZE]
For the Marinade:
Beat egg whites in a large bowl until broken down and lightly foamy. Add soy sauce, wine, and vodka and whisk to combine. Set aside half of marinade in a small bowl. Add baking soda and corn starch to the large bowl and whisk to combine. Add chicken to large bowl and turn with fingers to coat thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.

For the Dry Coat:
Combine flour, corn starch, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk until homogenous. Add reserved marinade and whisk until mixture has coarse, mealy clumps. Set aside.

For the Sauce:
Combine soy sauce, wine, vinegar, chicken stock, sugar, sesame seed oil, and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir with a fork until cornstarch is dissolved and no lumps remain. Set aside.

Combine oil, garlic, ginger, minced scallions, and red chilies in a large skillet and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are aromatic and soft, but not browned, about 3 minutes. Stir sauce mixture and add to skillet. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens, about 1 minute. Add scallion segments.

To Finish:
Heat 1 1/2 quarts vegetable oil in a large wok to 350°F and adjust flame to maintain temperature.

Working one piece at a time, transfer chicken from marinade to dry coat mixture, tossing in between each addition to coat chicken. When all chicken is added to dry coat, toss with hands, pressing dry mixture onto chicken so it adheres, and making sure that every piece is coated thoroughly.

Lift chicken one piece at a time, shake off excess coating, and carefully lower into hot oil (do not drop it). Once all chicken is added, cook, agitating with long chopsticks and adjusting flame to maintain a temperature of 325 to 375°F, until chicken is cooked through and very crispy, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a paper towel-lined bowl to drain.

Add chicken to large bowl and add sauce. Toss chicken, folding it with a rubber spatula until all pieces are thoroughly coated. Serve immediately with white rice

Back