• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Tired of spamming all my meals in 20 different spots. Decided to make my own flog. 

First up on the meal list

Chicken fried rice

Teaser shot

Jasmine rice cooked and cooled to room temp.
1 white onion chopped
broccoli, carrots, peas and mushroom
3 green onions chopped
soy sauce
dried pequin powder
ginger
chili oil
garlic chili paste
2 chicken breasts.
sherry
2 eggs

Cook chicken in pan with chili oil
Deglaze pan with sherry.
season chicken to liking with garlic, pequin powder (or what ever kind of pepper powder you like), ginger and black pepper.
Remove from heat and chop for rice. 

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok. Allow wok to cool slightly.

Mix eggs with a few drops of soy sauce and cook in wok remove and set aside

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chicken to wok, along with carrots, mushrooms, peas, broccoli and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
  2. Add rice and green onions tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
  4. Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.

Eggs going into fridge to marinade overnight, my peeling needs some work  :rofl:

MZc4BQA.jpg

Flipped the salt pork. Probably has another 2 hours in the oven at 275

whDNfcA.jpg

Scoville DeVille said:
You're killin me over here!

Nice catch on the box of broth. That is reason #32 for using "Better than Bouillon®" (and it's kept in the fridge).

Anyway, keep on keepin on! Lookin good dude!

Thanks, hopefully it turns out well. 

That broth could of been a killer, especially with her 86 yo grandma coming to dinner. 

t0mato said:
That's some seriously good cooking there D3.  Nice work.  ;)

Good luck with your inlaws.  

Thanks, much more to go still, Working on pickling some radishes and finishing up that salt pork. Had a small bite and while it is salty it's also really good. Sort of like corned beef. 

Scoville DeVille said:
86 y.o.'s like spicy. Their tastes buds are worn out.

True story! HEAT IT UP! lol

I'm already worried about the 3 little peppers in that big pot of broth being too much for her. Too late now though. I just wanted to invite her uncle and somehow it turned into a whole family event when they all old and tasteless. Her moms BF can't have too much salt... well wrong mofukin recipe buddy. It's all salt. 

grantmichaels said:
Consistently impressed with your willingness to Do Work ...

I make things harder than they need to be too often.

I did a quick taste test of what I made last night and it's got a nice stick to your taste buds thickness with a good warmth. Not a scorcher but probably too warm for the majority. I like the heat range and i'm sure my stepdaughter will as well. 

I got 2 qt of stock left, going to toss in a few bouillon cubes, garlic, ginger and scallions. Make a quick weak batch and serve that to her gram and use as a cutting agent for the other two. I can add half weak batch and half spicy and get all around tolerable results I think. 

Sounds like it would work out ...

I tasted the white soy plain, as we discussed ... it's "less" soy ...

It's probably about half the funk-soy-factor of plain soy ...

I think I'll do a side-by-side bowl shootout of it versus soy in the coming days to really see what's up ...

It's def tasty - but is it necessary - we'll see ...

grantmichaels said:
Sounds like it would work out ...

I tasted the white soy plain, as we discussed ... it's "less" soy ...

It's probably about half the funk-soy-factor of plain soy ...

I think I'll do a side-by-side bowl shootout of it versus soy in the coming days to really see what's up ...

It's def tasty - but is it necessary - we'll see ...

yea if it's not worth the price tag i'll hold out for something else. Really want the smoked shoyu but no prime shipping. They wanted like $28 to ship it... that's insane. 

I think the majority of the heat in the broth is from some white pepper I added. 

I would hold off on the white soy, i'm doubtful it's a necessary ingredient for soups and/or hot food - and probably more useful when a dressing (unheated) ... or, like, sushi!

grantmichaels said:
I would hold off on the white soy, i'm doubtful it's a necessary ingredient for soups and/or hot food - and probably more useful when a dressing (unheated) ... or, like, sushi!

ok good to know, I'd probably enjoy a dark or smoked soy more. 

Elderly batch sans celery as i'm out. 

Oov0MrM.jpg

going to be a very soupy week with all these broths i'm going to have left over. 

Back