• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2013 Glog

Just made it under the wire, 3 h 18 m to go to 2013 ;) New grow started using a light for the first time this year. Don't know how many will survive (fingers crossed) because my grow room is not a dedicated grow room & consequently the temp is not above 70. Click on pics for larger view. Not got this hosting site's procedures down yet :oops:

C-Not Madballs Rusty 7-Pot (this one might not make it) & Dorset (R )

viper (L) & Douglah ( R)

indian guhahati[sp.]

over-wintering dorset (L) & red bhut (R )(no green on that one yet):

whole crop (light raised to get pic)

PIC 1 said:
Your Dorset Naga looks fine from the last photo....what happened ?
Its the Morich, which I've tried to grow mostly over the off-season, that seems to be finicky. I think its because I keep them in a humid-free environment indoors & thats not like their natural habitat. Heres a pic of the Morich, and others. It IS past the seedling stage but the blight infected some of the bigger leaves so I removed them. It might make it.

C-Not Madballz 7- Pot Red Cross Big Pods Twisted putting-out some pods. Almost EVERY flower is turning into a pod instead of falling-off.

adey0MYw.jpg

"ol' Bessie" (my 1st ever pepper plant that I grew from seed acquired at a Thai grocer). Look at the trunk. This plant always produces LOTS of pods that I cook with.
aczrIdag.jpg

weakened Morich although I put it outside in the shade to get more humidity & harden-off. Might make it as I don't see any more splotches on the leaves
acbA943N.jpg

Jonah on left, Barrackpore in middle & Brain on right. Forum on far right in computer screen ;)
acqgpu4I.jpg

PLants are looking really  good.

Amazed at the growth you get indoors with limited lighting.

Can't wait to see how  the not Madballz's pan out. 

update. Noticed, in passing, that my indoor (presently) Peach Scorpion has a pod coming off of it. Looks like its big enough that the plant will hold onto it as opposed to dropping it (fingers crossed.)

abzG11ff.jpg

C-Not Madballz 7- Pot Red Cross Big Pods Twisted thanks to a fellow grower on this board for the seeds :)

aczCoPqk.jpg

got two more pods, interestingly, developing on my 'indoor' peach scorpion. Plus, my Brain Strain has finally branched at the apex/crown.

looking good especially considering the limited natural growing resources (ie land, light and space) you have to work in.   Great work!!

Dorset is ripening (Morouga, on left of pic, seems to be taking its time). Morich seems to be getting healthier now that its outdoors for the season. Don't know which pepper to be more scared of. Both of these peppers are supposed to be fearsomely hot :fireball: judging from the youtube vid evals

abdPeWkv.jpg

Morich. Morich will need to grow for another month+ to produce any pods. Good news is, it has already branched at the top
abeRvDaL.jpg

Haven't posted any updates on my Douglah tree ;) (its around 5 1/2 Ft tall +/-) because it looks around the same although it has started to put some pods out this past week. Will update that one when theres some interesting pods to see.

update

peach scorpion on left (see pod at top?) & guhahati on right. Has around 4-5 smallish flowers.
adwlAjIt.jpg

Douglah pod taking on its characteristic shape.
abpUx9hZ.jpg

younger douglahs on same plant
acfTu3bc.jpg

what is supposed to be a Barrackpore. See pod in pic? Looks elongated. (Yellow Brain in b/g ;) )
]
abjxaJFQ.jpg

getting ready to try my 1st ever Dorset. :mouthonfire:  Will start with trying to eat one half of it lengthwise so that I get a goodly portion of the placenta. Will post up pic of it cut in 1/2 later when I'm about to eat it. Just cut it off the plant:

abvjDY6k.jpg

abr4WjEJ.jpg

just ate all of it a quarter at a time. My luck, the last piece had the most placenta!!! :hell: It was immediately hot from the start. Now, around 10 mins later, the only thing that still hurts is the stomach. Got some reddi whip i always use after the 10 min mark. Maybe it will settle my stomach.

aduR09IQ.jpg

C-Not Madballz 7- Pot Red Cross Big Pods Twisted is ripening  :drooling:

adzIzXR7.jpg

Two pods emerging on Jonah although the one on the right hasn't grown a whit in a week.

adbxKRe7.jpg

overwintered dorset finally exploding w/ growth. Never got a pepper off of this plant and you can see that its got some age (around a year prolly at least [I don't keep detailed records :oops:  ) by the trunk circumference.
adwebvFD.jpg

Viper, that I began growing over the winter indoors, has started to put more pods up after pruning & going outdoors. It was almost 6 feet tall when it was indoors. I got one pepper off of it at that time then pruned it & put it outdoors where pepper plants thrive ;) :

actRjIRn.jpg

Morich liking being outdoors after hardening-off
absThnzo.jpg

You've got a lot of plants in a small space. Looking good.
That Barrackpore looks like something completely different indeed. Wish I knew what it is.

wahlee76 said:
You've got a lot of plants in a small space. Looking good.
That Barrackpore looks like something completely different indeed. Wish I knew what it is.
yeah. I hope I find out what it is. its got 5-10 more pods forming too.

Just sowed a couple generic pepper seeds from foodstuff chili's I got at grocery or spice stores. Just a couple to keep me occupied later in the year now that I have a grow-light. One is the Pakistani "Dundicut". The other is a generic Chinese pepper. Maybe someone here knows what this is? It says F9104 & some Chinese characters.

adeU5cHU.jpg

THREAD BUMP

Back