• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2013 Glog

Just made it under the wire, 3 h 18 m to go to 2013 ;) New grow started using a light for the first time this year. Don't know how many will survive (fingers crossed) because my grow room is not a dedicated grow room & consequently the temp is not above 70. Click on pics for larger view. Not got this hosting site's procedures down yet :oops:

C-Not Madballs Rusty 7-Pot (this one might not make it) & Dorset (R )

viper (L) & Douglah ( R)

indian guhahati[sp.]

over-wintering dorset (L) & red bhut (R )(no green on that one yet):

whole crop (light raised to get pic)

first VGlog entry here :D short vid of my balcony grow ;) on a breezy Saturday afternoon. The pale plant in the middle is a morouga & it seems to have gone into hyper-slow growth mode :( (The lengthy description is on Youtube beneath the vid) I used my trusty casio ex zs 10 digi camera to record it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peQdI93RgqE

my indoor grow: right to left: Dorset (no pods yet), Jonah (2 pods), Guhahati (2 pods setting), & Peach Scorion (3 pods)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NZepYEGK-0

update. Douglahs are still green but good sized:

abnYlU1g.jpg

adcu1gn0.jpg

oldest plant I have. Grown from seed from Thai grocery pods.
abzWUq0C.jpg

update:

guhahati looking promising
actsP4QU.jpg

two of my three Peach Trinidad scorpion pods (still deep green after being this size going on 3 weeks)
adx99DpX.jpg

Think I'm going to eat this one tonight after work :hell: C-Not Madballz 7- Pot Red Cross Big Pods Twisted :shocked:  I ate a whole Dorset around a week ago so I'm hoping all goes well (its around 3 1/2 inched long) :scared:

acdxWyCI.jpg

just cut it open lengthwise. Pretty good amount of placenta but the scary thing is that there are droplets of oil on the inside as well :fireball:  :eek:  Well, here goes nuthin' :scared:

adf2Fmgp.jpg

*** edit (10:12 P.M.) just ate 1/4 of pepper cut length wise. Thoroughly chewed for around 15 seconds. IMMEDIATE HEAT!!! :shocked:  Hiccups started within 15 seconds. Saliva pouring out now. Hottest part is tip of the tongue at the moment.

*** edit (10:16 P.M.) no sweating, heat primarily limited to tip of tongue area. Eating another 1/4 piece now.

*** edit (10:18 P.M.) second piece still as fircely hot initially as first piece! I think this pepper is hotter than the Dorset I tried last week. Sinus starting to act up now as well as backathathroat ;) Took me longer than 30 seconds to chew this piece. Must have had more placenta. I think I'm going to stop at eating 1/2 of it as the pepper is 3 1/2 inches long and preetty darn hot for me!!! :mouthonfire: Ened up eating half of it lengthwise. Taking deep breaths now but still not sweating.

*** edit (10:24 P.M.) still top and front of tongue on fire. Heart rate up slightly. Looks like I'll be able to wait the full 10 mins before the whip cream :) Endorphin rush hitting now too :high:

(10:29 P.M.) was able to make it the full 10 mins before my whip cream in a can. Was pretty scared about this one even moreso after cutting it open

I think my friend was right in that its not a good idea to eat it in pieces because the 2nd piece was just as hot as the first. I should have just eaten 1/2 of it in one bite but I wanted to be careful because I had no idea what the Scoville rating is on this. anyone know? I think the whole Dorset I ate last week was supposed to be 800,000+ based on the charts that were posted in the HB22 thread the other day. I believe this one might be hotter.

Here is the chart(s) Mr. Hill posted: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/40718-carolina-reaper-and-pepper-stabilization/?p=860795

I got 8 more pods on the plant :shocked:  One of my most prolific. Seeds from an awesome THP member :cool:

Great looking plants, video and pictures. I also grew on my balcony while living in JA and also outside but in pots as the ground was too hard where I lived, don’t think they would have let me amend the soil or landscaping but pots were ok.

I enjoyed the read of your pepper experience and she’s a beautiful pod, pics in half are very good. Keep up the great grow and have a great weekend.

still have a morich, dorset (2nd plant), & morouga that I haven't got any pods off of this season. The morich might end up producing but I don't expect the other two will pod-up. If they do, it'll be great.

douglah showing signs of ripening:

adbeFs4y.jpg

Viper still growing after pruning but not ripening yet. This is the plant that was almost 6 ft/2m tall & I pruned it down to around 8") This pod is bigger than the pod it produced in the off-season, under the lamp, when it was big :D )

acg7wfG8.jpg

my "supposed to be a barackpore but isn't" plant. Meh. seeds get mixed up/ or cross bred by accident. Anyone have any ideas as to this ones ID??? They are all coming in slender & pointy like this:

abdhCQ6e.jpg

My trinidad scorpion is turning red. Anyone know if peach peppers turn red before peach???

Anyway, Douglahs are ripening (3 of them) and Vipers are set and ready to ripen. Morich has small buds forming on it so I might gets pods off of it yet. Morouga is still just plodding along doing nothing. Maybe it succombed to a virus & is sterile now? Slow to no growth on that one. :( I'll attempt to grow one under a light if I have to. A Morouga is a "must grow" for me. ;)

just "done the deed" (ate my first super hot in one bite) the Dorset. I always open the pod too to make sure theres no critters in there. Seen that happen on youtube.:

acjFafA2.jpg

my ripening Douglah pods :hell:

adlxw01C.jpg

adrpzlm1.jpg

Back