• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Ethnic food

Seth, before you get adopted by YET ANOTHER family, check out her 'GUNS' post.
She'll spank all our asses from wherever she lives with a bi-pod. GARRRONTEED!
Sweet Ela...... BANG! er.. KPOW! er... BAM!

nice bread ela....
Seth don't listen to Scov…I hang my guns when I left my native country. Now I just use the combat boots. :rofl: They work pretty good. Ask my other half. :rofl:
What bread you're talking about it? Zucchini or....????????????
297.gif

HMMM, Emphasis on the MMMMMMMM part!
I don't know if I should look at stuff like this when I'm out in the middle of the deep blue sea.... it flat out causes spasms of a jealous mouth and stomach!
The way I see it- First course TB's Queso concoction with the obligatory Shiner Boch, washed down with Jay's Pho, then a full on frontal assault with Ela's
Phyllo food Bombs...and of course more Shiner!

Good idea for a thread! It was a "verbal" recipe for jerked pork(which I readily admit to covertly recording on a nearby paper towel ;)!) brought back from Jamaica with a few smuggled Scotch Bonnets, that started my neverending pang for all things hot and spicy.

I wanted to scarf down my screen...REALLY!
Yes, I will post a few retorts here when I'm back on some dirt....
cheers all-
DJ
Dang it must be so hard being away from dirt land and be teased by our pictures. :lol:

There are many versions. :lol:
I know Omri,that why I'm on mission learning more about other versions. Can't help it. I'm a sucker for Middle Eastern food.
bd3.gif

Ela, your posts are an inspirations for someone I know to make some fresh bread, which I was privileged to take home a piece of, and it was DELICIOUS.... so THANK YOU for the inspirations to someone else so we could enjoy some fresh bread based on your baking posts.

how wacky is THAT? What a crazy world-wide-web-

Now I kind of got it. I think Scov's better looking half made some bread???????????
297.gif
I'm flattered that I have inspired someone to make bread. that is a HUGE compliment. Thank you guys. :) See this is a reason why I'm a THP member. I'm learning a lot from other members and also give back a bit that I know about cooking. :)

Moms make the world go round! I can always use more awesome mamas! :dance:

So from now I would have to introduce my self as single parent of 4 under age of 51 and explain to everybody that I have 2 adoped grown sons. :rofl:

Come visit then. with the weather, food... it doesn't get any better. :)

That is my dream, Omri. Hope some day I would be able to just go there and spend days walking down to Jerusalem’s or Tel-Aviv’s market places.In that case Jack would probably have to confiscate my credit/debit card and send me with just small daily allowances,:rofl: :rofl:

I have a lot of friends from my home town that live there and they love it. :) Duh, for some reason I never went to visit Israel but been in every single country around.
4fvgdaq_th.gif

Dolmas

Typical Mediterranean dish that has so many variations that is hard even for me to figure out which one is the best. My mother used to made one with stuffed peppers and stuffed pearl onions,, savory and regular cabbage leaves, grape leaves, green collard leaves. She would simmer them all day on low heat and serve with a load of mashed potatoes. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.

Well here is a one variation of Dolmas, this time with green collards.There are some jalapenos inside of filling so I could call this Dolmas with Mexican twist.:lol: .
DSC02503.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

It is still cooking so there are more pics to come. :)

Edit: Adding one more pic.

DSC02510.jpg

Well my family on my mother's side are Jewish Kurds. I eat a lot of Yaprach. :lol:

While we're at it. I love me some stuffing! :D

stuffedpeppers.jpg

Well my family on my mother's side are Jewish Kurds. I eat a lot of Yaprach. :lol:

Omri, I don't have family members that are of Jewish Fate but thanks to Ottomans we all LOVE Yaprach. :lol:

stuffedpeppers.jpg

Those look really good, that red "juice" is causing stomach rumbling!

I made another soup. This one from Thailand. Hot and sour soup a.k.a. Tom Yum Gang.

102_9751.jpg

Ingredients:

Thai fish stock
shrimp chopped
red chiles
green onion
bamboo shoots
bean sprouts
lime juice
Sriracha
lemongrass
Thai basil
cilantro
ginger
mushrooms

For my bowls I added either Heartbreaking Dawn's Cauterizer or Tropical Pepper Co. Ghost Pepper sauce.

I made another soup. This one from Thailand. Hot and sour soup a.k.a. Tom Yum Gang.

102_9751.jpg

Ingredients:

Thai fish stock
shrimp chopped
red chiles
green onion
bamboo shoots
bean sprouts
lime juice
Sriracha
lemongrass
Thai basil
cilantro
ginger
mushrooms

For my bowls I added either Heartbreaking Dawn's Cauterizer or Tropical Pepper Co. Ghost Pepper sauce.
I'm doing it again.....peeking when I shouldn't....JayT could it be possible to post the recipe, the ingredients look stellar.

Mousakah one of my favorite Greek dishes that my family LOVE to eat as well. :) I had to spiced up with some green Jamaican mushroom’s powder. :woohoo: Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DSC02528.jpg

DSC02530.jpg

Almost all gone :)

DSC02534.jpg

There are three version of this dish in my country. One with eggplant, one with potatoes and one with peppers. Who knows I may whoop up one with super hot peppers instead of sweet. :rofl:

Edit: What is a Mafrum???????????

I found it Omri.Thanks for a tip. Will try to make it soon. Hey speaking about Jewish cuisine I just got Ptitim in our local store. ;) It is going to be interesting to mix it up with something else. :lol:

Back