• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite Favorite Burger Joints?

Daisy 7117 welcome to the forum. Dumb question for today..how can that joint have the best Texas chili dogs, burgers and fries if they are in New Jersey? Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Daisy 7117 welcome to the forum. Dumb question for today..how can that joint have the best Texas chili dogs, burgers and fries if they are in New Jersey? Cheers, TB.

Relocation?

Sickmont said:
Relocation?

Can't see a Texan relocating to Jersey...Nope...just can't see it...:lol:

texas blues said:

Hey Texas, thanks for the welcome....to answer your question,....because New Jersey RULES!!...they've got the best everything:fireball:

Daisy7117 said:
LOL, you didn't have a good tour-guide, where did you stay in NJ?:rolleyes:
Didn't stay there, visited friends.
Had a couple of days to look around.

Although I do get what you mean. When you come to Israel it look like the greatest place on the face of the earth, but with a good tour guide. it looks even better! :lol:

Daisy..I really meant that if its that great it should be NJ best chili burgers, dogs, etc. Then again...and slap me times 2 for saying so...if it ain't Texas, then it ain't chili! Is this a Texas vs. New Jersey thread? That's cool and the gang with me. You have Frank, Bruce, and Tony Soprano. We have the Alamo, Big D and the Dallas Cowboys, Mavs, Spurs, and Lightnin' Hopkins, SRV and ZZ Top. Now go home and get yer' shine box!!

Hope you're laughing! You are going to fit right in with the THP family! Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Daisy..I really meant that if its that great it should be NJ best chili burgers, dogs, etc. Then again...and slap me times 2 for saying so...if it ain't Texas, then it ain't chili! Is this a Texas vs. New Jersey thread? That's cool and the gang with me. You have Frank, Bruce, and Tony Soprano. We have the Alamo, Big D and the Dallas Cowboys, Mavs, Spurs, and Lightnin' Hopkins, SRV and ZZ Top. Now go home and get yer' shine box!!

Hope you're laughing! You are going to fit right in with the THP family! Cheers, TB.

LOL....Hey, you forgot BonJovi!....and Lauryn Hill, Whitney Houston, My Chemical Romance, Blondie,....and the list goes on and on...c'mon, the only thing in Texas are cows and tumble weeds.

Thanks for the laughs, TB...I love THP alread! *Cheers*:onfire:

texas blues said:
We have the Alamo, Big D and the Dallas Cowboys, Mavs, Spurs, and Lightnin' Hopkins, SRV and ZZ Top

I'm sorry but I had to laugh when you said this TB, since you're razzing daisy7117 about living in NJ.
on offense dude but you live in las vegas not TX & as for "we have" you have gambling,legal prostitution, cactuses & elvis impersonators :lol: not the alamo or dallas cowboys :lol::P

Dude..I should clarify..Born and raised in Texas. Even when I went to Alaska I was proud to be a Texan. Due to work I am not in Texas, very true, but that's where my heart and soul is. You are very right sir on the LV take of Elvis impersonators, prostitution and the other ilk. Not my thang'. As for Daisy...I had lock..there was no danger..so I took the shot! As the resident smartass here on THP I just felt compelled. Cheers, TB.

DevilDuck said:
My favorite burger is Snuffer's. Unfortunately, they're only in the Dallas, TX area.

http://www.snuffers.com/
There was a place on Greenville ave. in dallas
{cant remember the name}that was a drive up ,the pretty car hops would take your order,and bring it out to the car...they was the only place I ever went in Dallas where you could get a burger and a cold bottle beer brought to your car...very cute car hops too.
they sold alot of burgers too lol.
any of you texuns ever been to a place like this ?

How Bout Them Cowboys!
go Tony go

TB - I didnt know you were born & raised a texan. it just sounded funny to me when you said "we have" talking like you were in TX & living in las vegas.
it makes more sense now that you say that, how you worded it & that you'd love to be back in TX

"Now that's funny, I don't care who you are."......tried to quote a Larry the Cable Guy line.

pablo said:
There was a place on Greenville ave. in dallas
{cant remember the name}that was a drive up ,the pretty car hops would take your order,and bring it out to the car...they was the only place I ever went in Dallas where you could get a burger and a cold bottle beer brought to your car...very cute car hops too.
they sold alot of burgers too lol.
any of you texuns ever been to a place like this ?

How Bout Them Cowboys!
go Tony go

"The Filling Station"? That place closed down years ago.

DevilDuck said:
"The Filling Station"? That place closed down years ago.
hey DD,
yes that could be it, I left texas in 85 ,so im sure everything has changed.I used to stop in there for lunch breaks when in the area.
Last time I went down central xprsway,I couldnt tell where mckinney,allen,plano,and richardson city limits were,it looked like one big city,instead of the four small towns I remember.
seems like another life now.

pablo

chilehunter said:
I'm sorry but I had to laugh when you said this TB, since you're razzing daisy7117 about living in NJ.
on offense dude but you live in las vegas not TX & as for "we have" you have gambling,legal prostitution, cactuses & elvis impersonators not the alamo or dallas cowboys

You mean....all that TX talk....and you live in Las Vagas?!...LOL you are so busted TB!:):P

Thanks for the info Chile;)

You can take me out of Texas but can't take the Texas out of me. Just proud of where I came from and my roots. Just because I am in LV now doesn't mean I'm not a Texan anymore. Cheers ya'll, TB.

Back