• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First timer grow log

Howdy,

My name is Steve i live in Iowa, i have decided to try my hand at growing my favorite pepper this year and after reading many forums i decided to register here and post a pic to get some of you expert's input on my baby habs. This pic was taken today they were sowed 11 days ago, i have never attempted to grow peppers from seed so i am a complete newb and not sure what to look for as far as how things are goin so far. Thanks for any responses and take it easy.

hab.jpg

Howdy all,

I was going to wait till Sat. to post an update but i forgot that its my birthday tommorrow and ill be gone so here we go baby habs 17 days from sow.

How do they Look?

I have 18oz cups for the next stage do them now or wait another week ?

Do i put holes in the bottom/sides of the cups ? how many ? How big ?

Thanks
hab1.jpg

hab2.jpg

hab3.jpg

How do they Look?

they look healthy :dance: :woohoo:

if i were growing them i would transplant to the beer cups asap(now)
moonphase good friday and saturday :crazy:

then (because of moonphase :eek: ) need to wait til tuesday-wednesday for any not done friday-saturday

put three holes (in each cup)in the sides very near the bottom
these will used to bottom water and to drain
about 1/4" square at 120°

edited to add holes

How do they Look?

they look healthy :dance: :woohoo:

if i were growing them i would transplant to the beer cups asap(now)
moonphase good friday and saturday :crazy:

then (because of moonphase :eek: ) need to wait til tuesday-wednesday for any not done friday-saturday

put three holes (in each cup)in the sides very near the bottom
these will used to bottom water and to drain
about 1/4" square at 120°

edited to add holes
Thanks, i am going to pot them up tonight then. Cheers!

Howdy all,

I have a few more questions to add.

Is it normal for all them first true leaves to have the sides curling up? If not what is the issue?

How far to fill the cups with my mix? Should i go halfway and raise the mix level as they grow?

Thanks again.

Cheers!

Nice choice of plant--That one is one of my favorite. Last year I had 6 plants of it, and there was way more fruit than I could eat. Ended up drying most of them, and now I eat 2 or 3 kickass Caribbean Reds every day.

Good luck on your grow!

Howdy all,

I have a few more questions to add.

Is it normal for all them first true leaves to have the sides curling up? If not what is the issue?

How far to fill the cups with my mix? Should i go halfway and raise the mix level as they grow?

Thanks again.

Cheers!

From that last photo the leaves look good to me. Maybe some of the more experienced light-growers can better tell.

I would fill the cups to within a 1/2" or so of the top. Those are some very pretty seedlings, by the way!

From that last photo the leaves look good to me. Maybe some of the more experienced light-growers can better tell.

I would fill the cups to within a 1/2" or so of the top. Those are some very pretty seedlings, by the way!

Thanks, im sure im just being an overreacting parent, they're my babies. They even wake me up at night. :lol:

Howdy all,

Well i think the transplant went well I got these done friday night they seem to like it, the leaves have begun to flaten out and they seem to be growing again. I will do the rest on Tuesday.

Here is a pic from this morning which would be 19 days from sow.

1.jpg

Howdy all,

Well i think the transplant went well I got these done friday night they seem to like it, the leaves have begun to flaten out and they seem to be growing again. I will do the rest on Tuesday.

Here is a pic from this morning which would be 19 days from sow.

1.jpg

& when you transplant from peat pellets do you remove the wrapping thing around it or no ?

Back