• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First timer grow log

Howdy,

My name is Steve i live in Iowa, i have decided to try my hand at growing my favorite pepper this year and after reading many forums i decided to register here and post a pic to get some of you expert's input on my baby habs. This pic was taken today they were sowed 11 days ago, i have never attempted to grow peppers from seed so i am a complete newb and not sure what to look for as far as how things are goin so far. Thanks for any responses and take it easy.

hab.jpg

Howdy all,

here is my update for this week 24 days from sow.

along with there new shoes this week they got a new home and lighting setup, four 4' 6500k 3050 lumen bulbs ("Daylight" cheapo's from walmart) and I wrapped the house in foil with the front being removable and put on a 16/8 schedule.

well here there are...a few got there cups a few days later than the others
habby1.jpg

habby2.jpg

Howdy all,

Is this curling normal they just started doing this on a few of the leaves and not all the cups are doing it ??

Thanks

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

My orange habs are doing that as they grow taller. I think it is just what they do to focus the light on the leaves since they start slanting down rather than just lay flat.

My orange habs are doing that as they grow taller. I think it is just what they do to focus the light on the leaves since they start slanting down rather than just lay flat.

Ok, man this is has become stressful watching these lil guys grow up i worry so much about em and being such a noob i dont know what to expect or how to react :rofl:

cheers

Howdy all,

so i jsut wanted to say that ive been reading all the awesome grow logs in this forum and wow alot of kick ass setups i am enjoying following all your grows this season and thanks for letting me in your pepper world.

so here is my update pics for this friday of my tiny crop in comparison to some of yours these lil guys are now 31 days from sow.
1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

4a.jpg

5a.jpg

Steve, those plants couldn't look any better, I'll bet anybody would wish their plants looked that good.:dance: :dance: You're off to a great start. Are they going to be in pots or in the ground?

Steve, those plants couldn't look any better, I'll bet anybody would wish their plants looked that good.:dance: :dance: You're off to a great start. Are they going to be in pots or in the ground?

Thank you, i believe im goin to use 5 gallon black pots from local nursery if i can get enough other wise prolly pick up sum buckets from the hardware store.

They are looking great! You may want to think about a potting up soon, the roots will quickly fill those cups. My plants are recovering from a severe case of root bound, they lost leaves and were set back badly.

Plants looking good, great job you could try some calcium for the leaves about 1/4 strength to start also will help at the blossoming stage.It will make you plants good and Strong for when you put then out.

Those are really nice looking plants!! Keep doing what your doing because it's obviously right. Keep up the great work and i'm looking forward to more pictures.

Charles

They are looking great! You may want to think about a potting up soon, the roots will quickly fill those cups. My plants are recovering from a severe case of root bound, they lost leaves and were set back badly.
Thanks, i know i want too but my pots have not arived yet should be this coming week sometime. so a few days a go i popped them out and added an inch of mix to the bottoms hopefully that buys me enough time.

Plants looking good, great job you could try some calcium for the leaves about 1/4 strength to start also will help at the blossoming stage.It will make you plants good and Strong for when you put then out.
Thanks, i have ordered some Fertilome bloom booster calcium cloride THIS should be here this week with my pots and fafard mix

10 out of 10. Them plants look top notch.
Thank you.

Those are really nice looking plants!! Keep doing what your doing because it's obviously right. Keep up the great work and i'm looking forward to more pictures.

Charles
Thanks, ive learned alot from this forum!

Looking very nice Steve, great job. I expect nothing less from an Iowa man though.

Suggestions. Don't be in a hurry to pot these guys up, give them a chance to grow some roots. It's much easier to transplant them when the roots are holding everything together. I usually wait until I see roots growing out of the drainage holes. Also put them in another cup, same type, and place something like a marble or anything of similar size between the cups. This way when you water them the excess won't come running out of the holes and end up all over the place, it stays in the second cup. The marble creates space between the cups for the excess water. Cup in a cup with a marble between them.

Keep up the great work.

Back