• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

Great podshots, Jason. I love the shape of those thimble Jonah pods :D Also your CARDI looks spot on and those mystery pods look like they have some bronzer on them :lol: Sorry to hear about your back, I've been having problems with it myself also for years.

stc3248 said:
Man J...your photo skills are pretty BA!!! Loving the pod shots, but that jungle shot is my favorite! Can't wait to see what that cross turns out to be!!!!!
Thanks Shane! I do try to get a good picture. Need a real camera with a nice wide angle lens to really show off the garden. Still going strong. Should be a good harvest tomorrow.
Think im gonna keep that cross on the down low. ;)
wahlee76 said:
Great pods :P
How do you like the TS CARDI. Got seeds and will grow next season, so I'm curious how they are heat- and taste wise
TS cardi yellow are pretty yummy. Nice fruity yel taste. Heat was lower than i expected. Hab heat, maybe a hair more. Definitely going to have a few in the garden next year.
Thanks.
meatfreak said:
Look at the size of that B Goat  :dance:
I love those goats! My single plant is putting out a few bigger pods now. Seeds were from grant. She's a keeper. Going to OW her!

Lookin great Jason!  Those Brains are pretty wicked lookin.  I am just now getting pods setting, so there will probably be a ton of green on the plant come the end of the season.  Always impressive. 

And a reaper cross....hmmm...:)

Nice looking pod pics, Jason.  Some wicked varieties hanging out there.  
Glad your season is still going strong.  We are having nights in the mid 40's
following a week of 38-41 lows, so the plants need to get it on for real if they
are going to ripen up.  I am cautiously optimistic; some have a good head of
steam going in that direction.

Kudos, bro!

Spicegeist said:
Nice pods.
Thank you! ;)
Devv said:
+1 on 951!

And great pics too!

How much grow time is left?
Thank you too Scott. It's looking like it made hold out to mid November. Hoping so. Ton of unripe pods out there!
MGOLD86 said:
Lookin great Jason!  Those Brains are pretty wicked lookin.  I am just now getting pods setting, so there will probably be a ton of green on the plant come the end of the season.  Always impressive. 

And a reaper cross....hmmm...:)
Thanks Matt. Those brains are from saved seeds from last year. They are from a yellow brain that grew out red. Wanted to see if they would be red again and they are. They are tasty. Nice 7 flavor and hot! Alway wonder if they taste any different coming from the yellow lineage, but both with both brains come from 7 pot SR lineage, they are probably the same anyway. Food for thought anyway.
Gonna start those reaper cross seeds soon. ;)
PaulG said:
Nice looking pod pics, Jason.  Some wicked varieties hanging out there.  
Glad your season is still going strong.  We are having nights in the mid 40's
following a week of 38-41 lows, so the plants need to get it on for real if they
are going to ripen up.  I am cautiously optimistic; some have a good head of
steam going in that direction.

Kudos, bro!
Thank you Paul. Your little green house is your saviour! I need to figure something out one day like that. Not sure where yet.
I do love the PNW! If my back was so unhappy with me, i would love to get in some of that snow once it comes. We are looking pretty mild here right now. The winters here are hit and miss. Sometime cold, sometimes warm. I can remember it one winter being around freezing, and two days later 80°f. Hoping it stays mild for a bit with all the unripe pods still on the plants. Going to start digging up my choices for overwintering soon. Maybe the weekend after the next if the weather still looks good. I found last season, that giving them a bit time after digging up, cut back and potting up to regen a bit of growth before putting them inside the garage worked well for me, so repeating that process. They survived with minimal light, as i have two windows and the blinds stayed closed the whole time. Larger list this time!
Loved your update btw!
Take care Paul.

And thought it was fitting to post my first golden marconi, since Paul posted a marconi in his thread. :D
Nice flavored pepper, much like a yellow bell, nice and sweet!
13813772494780.jpg

Sounds like you have your work all laid out for yourself, Jason.  The 
golden Marconi is a sweet-looking pod!

We do love to get out in the snow once in a while!

Hi Jay, You've been posting some great pics of your poddage lately. Have all of your varieties started putting out ripe pods now? We're done here, but I hope you get at least another month before you have to put the season to bed. Cheers!

You’re tearing it up brethren, jungle shots, pods galore, great descriptions and awesome close ups. Here’s to da season never ending :cheers:

Jason thanks a bunch for the care package. Hope to save seeds and grow a bunch of these next year. Have to figure out what they all are. Got the bubblegum and jays peach not sure if the red are jays. Not sure on the chocolate ones. White Habs yellow orange primo, not sure on the white long ones. Other two red types and the other orange two red hab and the wilds the white look like bullet Habs. Thanks again.

30E44507-6410-4DEA-9FDC-F39EBFC4E3FE-36239-0000559354835963_zps357896da.jpg

Jason

That's some great looking pods, Jason. The green mystery looks good, bit of mustard color on the outside, green on the inside. How is the flavor of the Blondy, your typical aji/baccatum flavor?

Back