• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Gassy's 2012/2013 Glog thingy

Well, Spring has arrived here in the Land of Oz and it's all starting to happen. I thought I would quit being a lazy bones and start a glog this season. Even though I'm so far behind where I had planned to be at this point, things are running along smoothly enough. I released some Neoseiulus californicus predator mites about a month ago to take care of my broad mite problem and so far, they are being amazing. A month later and I have yet to see any new signs of broad mite activity. It is still early days though and time will tell just how effective the little buggers are. And of course, I still have to get on top of the fruit fly problem (not looking forward to that one). With Spring here and new pods forming, the little bastages can't be too far around the corner. :(

A few piccies to get the show on the road. Not gonna backtrack or anything now... just some random shots of some of what's going on.

Rooster Spur - putting out first pods:

IMG_8018.JPG

Aji Amarillo x Yellow Trinidad Scorpion F2's:

IMG_8039.JPG

Naga Jolokia Purple x Hot Summer F1:

IMG_8051.JPG

Naga Jolokia Purple x Hot Summer F1:

IMG_8035.JPG

No chemicals in use here anymore - ladybug and lacewing eggs: :cool:

IMG_8005.JPG

Overwinters...

NOT Dorset Naga - coming into third year:

IMG_8002.JPG

Trinidad Scorpion ButchT - coming into third year:

IMG_8043.JPG

CGN 21500 - coming into second year:

IMG_8032.JPG

CGN 21566 - coming into second year:

IMG_8046.JPG

Pimenta da Neyde - coming into second year:

IMG_8029.JPG

Thanks for looking! :dance:

Yeah that Super grow I have been tempted with before

Super Grow is NPK 10:10:1 and Super Bloom is 1:9:1 According to the sources I can find so far

I'm deffo gonna give the Super Grow a burl but maybe only on a few select plants... or even rotate it with the trusty old POH Triple Boost.

A bit low on the old K but I also have POH Silica & Potash here which should help boost it a bit??

Mine also from Judy & im glad you posted a pic as my label had fallen off & i was thinking WTF is this plant ive got growing & now i know.

Mezo.

You weren't worried you were cultivating more weeds were you, Meez? :lol:

Yeah I am going to have to get some more amendments this year myself.

Currently running a bit low

There was big raids down here last month, 500 plants seized & 200 of them was growing over the road & i never knew, dam. :high:

Mezo.

I think he was referring to the weed you raised so lovingly thinking it was a chilli :rofl:

Yup, that was the one! :rofl:

So did they stop by your place, Meez? ;)

Ohh i thought you was talking the other weed, the coppers were buzzing overhead in the chopper (real low) and they caught the young fella red handed watering them. :rolleyes: plonker.

Mezo.

I see the PD choppers flying around My house every so often... Just waiting for that knock on the door saying Police department were here with a search warrant... Just to see My pepper plants... LOL

Ohh i thought you was talking the other weed, the coppers were buzzing overhead in the chopper (real low) and they caught the young fella red handed watering them. :rolleyes: plonker.

Mezo.

You didn't answer my question..... unless you were referring to yourself as "the young fella". Oh... what's that? Living up there and you don't grow the stuff? That's OK, Meez, I believe you. :shh: ;)

Seriously though, how would you be? Uh, I thought they were weeds, not weed... that's right, I water the weeds. You would have nothing!

I see the PD choppers flying around My house every so often... Just waiting for that knock on the door saying Police department were here with a search warrant... Just to see My pepper plants... LOL

I've had a chopper hover over me twice now while I've been gardening. Don't know if they were actually watching me or if I was just being paranoid but they were pretty low and hung around for a bit. I feel like picking chillies and throwing them at them.... only it would be a waste of good chillies! They can have a sample when they come knock on the door.........

Heck yea, saw the chopper do a fly by over My house 3 times One day. Told My wife, just watch their gonna be knocking on the door here soon.... Well they can have as much as they can handle come harvest time...... I know Im gonna be busy picking all the piquins off of 4 plant...

Growing up at my parents place the NZ police used to do an annual helicopter weed cull every year they would get over 3000 mature plants from just the area near my parents farm. Out in the back blocks.
Yet every year there was always a ridiculous amount of weed about ... what a waste of time and money ... just employ and pay 3-4 cops a decent salary to target real crime on the front line. Just drives up the price and gives organised crime more money and power.

Hi Gassy, it's been a while...

Trippa said:
Growing up at my parents place the NZ police used to do an annual helicopter weed cull every year they would get over 3000 mature plants from just the area near my parents farm. Out in the back blocks.
Yet every year there was always a ridiculous amount of weed about ... what a waste of time and money ... just employ and pay 3-4 cops a decent salary to target real crime on the front line. Just drives up the price and gives organised crime more money and power.

Low-flying choppers or other aircraft don't need to put boots on the ground to check out your plants if they have a good line of sight on them... Marijuana has a fast metabolism for a plant, and on an infra-red scope or camera it shows up a few degrees warmer than ambient. They take pictures with an infra-red camera to show the judge to get the warrant. You're more likely to get the knock on the door if you have nosy neighbors who call the fuzz and tell them you're growing things indoors that need lots of grow lights and the cops can't see them through your windows.

Nice gassy!! Loving the cross and that scotch bonnett tfm is a great plant. Where did you get your seeds for that one ?? Junglerain as well??

stickman said:
Hi Gassy, it's been a while...

Low-flying choppers or other aircraft don't need to put boots on the ground to check out your plants if they have a good line of sight on them... Marijuana has a fast metabolism for a plant, and on an infra-red scope or camera it shows up a few degrees warmer than ambient. They take pictures with an infra-red camera to show the judge to get the warrant. You're more likely to get the knock on the door if you have nosy neighbors who call the fuzz and tell them you're growing things indoors that need lots of grow lights and the cops can't see them through your windows.
Not in NZ stickman they have on ground officers that go in on foot to accessible areas and cut the plants down and they then airlift the plants out to a central area (keep in mind these are often 8ft sativa's like the band :D ) where they truck them to an area where they (you guessed it) burn them :rofl: and I am not joking

http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/news/its-war-on-bush-dope-growers/1044027/

Only example I could find on the net

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.stuff.co.nz%2Fnational%2Fcrime%2F8455236%2F3m-of-cannabis-found-on-West-Coast&ei=RmWXUaWmN8_OkAWsqoDwCw&usg=AFQjCNEwZsKyms8RVEFwOHcE60KiUKgsiQ&sig2=L6XzRaKHpa1BUKRsaCvjkQ

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=13&ved=0CDAQFjACOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.northernadvocate.co.nz%2Fnews%2Fdrug-bust%2F1317713%2F&ei=FGaXUaefOMX9lAXrjIHQBw&usg=AFQjCNGViuTb3N_5ykNztWc3fbsYLaLnJQ&sig2=Kh1kfjXLtBuDASONzac7dg

Trippa said:
Nice gassy!! Loving the cross and that scotch bonnett tfm is a great plant. Where did you get your seeds for that one ?? Junglerain as well??

Not in NZ stickman they have on ground officers that go in on foot to accessible areas and cut the plants down and they then airlift the plants out to a central area (keep in mind these are often 8ft sativa's like the band :D ) where they truck them to an area where they (you guessed it) burn them :rofl: and I am not joking

http://www.wanganuichronicle.co.nz/news/its-war-on-bush-dope-growers/1044027/

Only example I could find on the net

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.stuff.co.nz%2Fnational%2Fcrime%2F8455236%2F3m-of-cannabis-found-on-West-Coast&ei=RmWXUaWmN8_OkAWsqoDwCw&usg=AFQjCNEwZsKyms8RVEFwOHcE60KiUKgsiQ&sig2=L6XzRaKHpa1BUKRsaCvjkQ
Oh yeah... the cops go in on foot to root out the plants after they have the warrant, I was just talking about detection. Most times they use choppers with FLIR (forward looking infra-red) capability to find the stuff and tell law enforcement where to find it. For small-time growers they tell the state or local police, but if it's a big enough plantation, they call in the Feds.and go in with SWAT teams.

Ok I get you now... Sorry Rick I misunderstood. yeah personally cant help but think its still A massive waste of money just to get those choppers up not to mention the tying up of the courts etc.

Anyway sorry for the wayward posts gassy... Back to the chilli herb topic ;)

Great looking starts you have there, Gassy.  Loving the thought of a Royal Black x C. chacoesnse, as I have both growing.  Should be a great cross.  Really cool to see the SB TFM pods.  I have that one growing, too. 

Thanks guys!!

Trippa said:

Yup, Grant sent them as a freebie with one of my orders last season. Not being something I had planned on growing, it was a fairly late start (which is why I'm only seeing ripe pods now). So glad I ended up deciding on growing 'em though!

DocNrock said:
Great looking starts you have there, Gassy.  Loving the thought of a Royal Black x C. chacoesnse, as I have both growing.  Should be a great cross.  Really cool to see the SB TFM pods.  I have that one growing, too. 

I am particularly looking forward to the Royal Black x C. chacoense. You can already see the C. chacoense in it. I really hope it shows some of that crazy C. chacoense growth!

meatfreak said:
Nice shots, Gassy. I think I know what the secret hybrid cross is :lol:

If you were thinking Spanish Naga x CGN 21566, you will have to keep guessing.... :P

Back