• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning everyone. Thanks to GIP and his generous surprise this week, I have been busy de-seeding and tasting some hot, and I mean hot peppers! Tomato basil soup with a few slices of hot peppers fit into yesterdays cold weather. Thanks again, GIP, a nice intro to some great peppers.

Time to clean out the tomato plants and then get the area ready for garlic. Busy day.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe. The airport got to a low of 36* so winter is coming! Hustle, hustle.

good morning all  :)

Happy to share Jane  :D I am glad you are enjoying tasting all the different peppers, hopefully some of them are not too HOT  :mouthonfire:

41f/5c at 8:00 am this morning... Friday night is supposed to get down to 34f/1c  :neutral:
looks like i'm not going to be able to push the harvest into October like i did last year 
crunch time for picking which plants get overwintered under HID lights.

i've got a mix of baccatum peppers on the dehydrator for my Aji Confetti flakes mix right now... The kitchen smells wonderful  :)

Time for some oatmeal and orange juice 

hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday
remember to S.M.I.L.E. :D

well, tomorrow night is supposed to get down to 35f/2c here  :neutral:
currently 54f/12c and cloudy 

off to the bagel shop, going to bring the guy there some peppers and pick up some SPICY bagels tomorrow  :mouthonfire: 
he gets so excited about all the colors and shapes and names  :cool:

hope you all have a fantastic day
be kind, and remember to S.M.I.L.E. :D

43f/6c here this morning.  yesterday I got 50 pepper plants moved into the garage, 50 moved to the driveway and i will sort out which will be overwintered from that lot, and 22 that were done and went into the compost pile.  Tonight is supposed to be even colder, and then rain for a week after that  :neutral:

Spicy bagels this ,morning  :dance:
 Bagel guy went with Sugar Rush and Scotch Brain  :shocked:  Delicious with just enough heat, and an occasional HOT bite  :D

hope you all have a fantastic day
S.M.I.L.E. :D

Good morning everyone. Cold today with a high near 60*. GIP, how do you make sure you do not get aphids when you bring the plants in? My hail-damaged ones are leading nicely that I might bring a few in. I just dont want aphids again.

Have a wonderful day and pay it forward.

catherinew said:
Good morning everyone. Cold today with a high near 60*. GIP, how do you make sure you do not get aphids when you bring the plants in? My hail-damaged ones are leading nicely that I might bring a few in. I just dont want aphids again.

Have a wonderful day and pay it forward.
 Heavy trimming, an Azamax wash, then hope... 
I still end up with aphids like a month later anyway usually :mope:   but less than if i didn't do any prep.
Then when the aphids bounce back, i release ladybugs  :!: 
 The grow room is a heated enclosed back half of the garage it was a little workshop at one time before being filled with plants each winter until late spring.  but it's pretty easy to just sweep up any dead ladybugs when they run out of aphids to eat.
If your grow area isn't enclosed yes the ladybugs would be everywhere  :lol:

I'm sure there are better ways to eliminate all the aphids without using harsh systemic pesticides but i havent discovered them yet.

Thanks, GIP. My plants are just leafing out so I hesitate to prune them since Nature did that last month. Maybe I will just try a few in the basement as there is no room in the garage. I even have 1 plant with flowers! Here is to a hopeful overwinter.

Good Frosty Morning!
0c, cloudy and frosty. Transplanted some plants yesterday and harvested some, looks like Gardening is done for the year and its not even October, winter getting quicker every year.
Have a great Day

UVUfg4k.jpg

Back