HARD APPLE CIDER ... any tips ?

:rofl: Im still a burbon/whiskey luv`er, so its hard to replace the necture.

But I am more and more impressed at this stuff every week. It has cleared up too
My old Lady order a case the other day :) And the wife luvs it, she is saying she wont drink anything else anymore ! So I think it was a hit !
And hopefully master a good recipe over the coming years.

You guys got any other good recipes ? Or ideas for ?

Moonshine? Whats moonshine? Oh i think i know what you are talking about...hehe

I will try that this afternoon (if i can find this "moonshine", cuz it's not like i make it or anything that would be illegal). What you think like a nip in a schooner glass?

Novacastrian said:
Moonshine? Whats moonshine? Oh i think i know what you are talking about...hehe

I will try that this afternoon (if i can find this "moonshine", cuz it's not like i make it or anything that would be illegal). What you think like a nip in a schooner glass?

I would of said less, maybe a 45ML (nip) to 750ML -

Badger said:
Do crab-apples grow in Oz?

I am sure they do, down south... I had one here but last fruit was to heavy and the root I had to cut back, and the thing fell over, continued to grow... and I pruned it down to reset recently.
So it will be years for fruit again.

chilliman said:
:rofl: Im still a burbon/whiskey luv`er, so its hard to replace the necture.

But I am more and more impressed at this stuff every week. It has cleared up too
My old Lady order a case the other day :) And the wife luvs it, she is saying she wont drink anything else anymore ! So I think it was a hit !
And hopefully master a good recipe over the coming years.

You guys got any other good recipes ? Or ideas for ?

Oh I have a couple winners. What do you want to brew?

And how about a final recipe on the stuff you are drinking?

mawhahahah... more cider ! If you have variations you have tried?

OK - here is a break down of what I did:

30LTR CARBOY

- BRAGLOW APPLE CIDER HOME BREW - with cider yeast - 18ltr pack
- Black ROCK apple cider brew kit - with cider yeast - 18 ltr pack
- 8 LTR - premium pure apple juice
- 1/2 KG Demarara Sugar (toffee flavour)
- 1 kg DEXTROSE brew sugar
- 1 CUP CASTOR sugar
- 250ML AUSSIE Honey
- pinch of citric acid
- Yeast nutrient
- Water to top up

Fermented for about 2 1/2 months
Bottled with 1 1/2 teaspoon of Castor sugar.
Bottled for about 4 or 5 weeks now - and it getting better every week !
Great carbonation
Clean & crisp , and also has cleared up well !
Though I will have to learn to rack properly ;)

chilliman said:
It seems to go to my head quicker as it gets older ?

Not sure on that one. It is not gaining appreciably in alcohol, because that requires the release of CO2. So, if your bottles are not becoming grenades, it is pretty safe to say that the alcohol level has been stable since bottling time.

chilliman said:
Now 2 x 750 :drunk:
?? ?? It seems to go to my head quicker as it gets older ?

Steve973 said:
Not sure on that one. It is not gaining appreciably in alcohol, because that requires the release of CO2. So, if your bottles are not becoming grenades, it is pretty safe to say that the alcohol level has been stable since bottling time.

Maybe its cuz you're getting older? ;)

I just put a fresh jug of unpaseurized cider under the sink where it is dark and warm for a few days and let nature do it's thing. Just check it everyday or BOOM. You might want to open the lid and let off the pressure from time to time.

Steve973 said:

UnNatural said:
Maybe its cuz you're getting older? ;)

ITS THE BUBBLES I TELLS YA ! :rolleyes:

I think its stable since bottle, I would just say that, on that day I had other factors involved ?! But with better quality the easier it is to drink, so then it goes down easier, so I may think I am getting more drunk off the same amount, when actually Im drinking more ! !
:rofl: what am I dribbling & i probably am getting old! im almost 30 now LOL ;)!

Back