HARD APPLE CIDER ... any tips ?

Novacastrian said:
Well you know how you have the tap at the bottom right?? Wellllll when the cake forms you simply decanter the liquid by opening the tap a tiny bit a letting the liquid come off the top of the cake. Do this slow enough and without disturbing the cake FTW.

Sounds easy enough.

Badger said:
Or if your fermenting vessel hasn't got a tap, get a length (6 feet or so) of syphon tube - clear polyeurythane tubing- put the vessel on a bench or worktop and your bottles on the ground. Stick one end in the liquid, give the other end a quick sharp suck and stick that end in the bottle. When the bottle is full, quickly yank the tube out and stick your thumb over the end as you transfer the tubing to the next bottle.

Thats not a bad idea ! But I do have a tap.

Here I thought it was something technical..... lol

THANX GUYS !

In the UK we call it cider - in the US you call it hard apple cider. Does that mean you have something called apple cider which isn't alcoholic?

There is a funny spoof ad here about Hard Dickens brand cider.........

"MMMMMMM!! She sure does love a hard dicken's cider!"......

;)

Too funny.

Woodchuck is a brand available here. Never had it.

"Why even the preacher's wife likes a little dicken's cider now and then"......;)

Novacastrian said:
Yeah we do we have several but the only one that comes to mind is Strongbow.

Badger said:
You get Strongbow in Oz? I hope it's better than the crap they sell here - it's about 4% and it tastes lousy.

There you go ! I never have drank the shit so I dont know.
And at a lousy 4% .... :rolleyes:
I will have to find some more, so I can make a comparison.:)

Oh yeah there is another one that i remember, as Badger said don't bother with the strongbow. Go straight for Tooheys 5 Seeds, that is a very nice drop and i would drink it over beer any day.

Back