HARD APPLE CIDER ... any tips ?

Hydrometer.

......and it is too late for this batch!!

I usually just drink a couple and guage it!;)

Glad it is good.

I am going to make some with cider this fall.

LOL.... well I was on a mission to see how much alcohol is in this batch ! And took CD advise and just continued to drink them until I could feel it and beyond.

2 X 750ML = :lol::party:

3 x 750ML = :drunk::shocked:

Yup she works good hey CM! I think you benefited from the extra 1/2 teaspoon of sugar as yours looks a little more bubbly than mine but it's still really nice, the old man loves it too and he would def say if tasted like crap!!

I have got a batch of ginger beer down now, should be a few days before i bottle it. I think i like this brewing business :)

Novacastrian said:
Yup she works good hey CM! I think you benefited from the extra 1/2 teaspoon of sugar as yours looks a little more bubbly than mine but it's still really nice, the old man loves it too and he would def say if tasted like crap!!

I have got a batch of ginger beer down now, should be a few days before i bottle it. I think i like this brewing business :)

The stuff is great.... I DID NOT expect it ! But the stuff creeps up on you... And epecially on a an empty stomach ;)
By the time dinner came around, I was ping ponging off walls.:lol:

cheezydemon said:
2 more success stories!:cheers:

And yes, brewing is contagious and chronic!

What made it, is I had no real expectations...:cool:

Thanx to everyone that helped, every bottle gets better ! !:P

I will be brewing cider for a couple of years I think.:onfire:

QUESTION:
My glass long neck bottles (Vs PET plastic brew bottles), seem to have a more crisp flavour and is much more clear, an reason for this ! ?

Well you know how you have the tap at the bottom right?? Wellllll when the cake forms you simply decanter the liquid by opening the tap a tiny bit a letting the liquid come off the top of the cake. Do this slow enough and without disturbing the cake FTW.

Or if your fermenting vessel hasn't got a tap, get a length (6 feet or so) of syphon tube - clear polyeurythane tubing- put the vessel on a bench or worktop and your bottles on the ground. Stick one end in the liquid, give the other end a quick sharp suck and stick that end in the bottle. When the bottle is full, quickly yank the tube out and stick your thumb over the end as you transfer the tubing to the next bottle.

Back