• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hi all

I want to know ... how to make plants can produce lots of fruit and how do I fertilize it well

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

thoms said:
I want to know ... how to make plants can produce lots of fruit and how do I fertilize it well

You have to understand its difficult to answer this question in a wide manner. We have no idea what Indonesia has for fertilizer nor what ratio of N-P-K....

But basically everything in even amounts meaning not excessive rain, drought or nutrients has always worked for me..

9REs6GK.png

thoms said:
yes sir, most of the outstanding NPK ratio is 16_16_16

I assume this is "dry" and not liquid? The reason for this question is liquid nutes are more readily available to plants than dry that needs to dissolve in order to be available.

Having said that, 16-16-16 is very strong (Depending on a soil analysis that I know you haven't have done.) and should probably be used at 1/4 recommended strength and probably 1/2 the time frame recommendation.

The only other thing is to proceed slowly, changes don't happen quickly but over a period of time,  and monitor results.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

I assume this is "dry" and not liquid? The reason for this question is liquid nutes are more readily available to plants than dry that needs to dissolve in order to be available.

Having said that, 16-16-16 is very strong (Depending on a soil analysis that I know you haven't have done.) and should probably be used at 1/4 recommended strength and probably 1/2 the time frame recommendation.

The only other thing is to proceed slowly, changes don't happen quickly but over a period of time,  and monitor results.
I always soak fertilizer with water, measuring 1 kg for 200 liters of water

I want growth between short segments, and dense fruit, so far my growth has always been with long segments, leaves are very wide, in the end thrips pests quickly attack

thoms said:
I want growth between short segments, and dense fruit, so far my growth has always been with long segments, leaves are very wide, in the end thrips pests quickly attack

Your English better than my Indonesian so I'll use one of your pix to illustrate your wanted plant growth habit. Your current plant...............................

7832dccca8c65b8a69c0bd6ce2d0ab94.jpg

...has a tall growth pattern with big leaves and few fruit?

As far as I know here is no fertilizer that will change a pepper plants inherit growth pattern because of its DNA. The only plant I ever grew with that type of growth was a Habanero from Bonnie that I think is a hybrid sorry no side view-it was compact.

viHsZEZ.jpg

Edit: Forgot, where do you buy your seeds from?

dddbb7f907e2f0e1ec3ecbf8f24e0cde.jpg

As far as I know here is no fertilizer that will change a pepper plants inherit growth pattern because of its DNA. The only plant I ever grew with that type of growth was a Habanero from Bonnie that I think is a hybrid sorry no side view-it was compact.

You will definitely NOT change plant growth habit by manipulating NPK.  You can definitely change plant growth habit by altering environmental variables.  But to do that, you'd need to build a climate controlled building over your plants.  Otherwise, your climate dictates how your plant grows, when all essential nutrients are available.  The best you can do, is keep the plants growing well, and keep the pests down.
If anything, you want to keep the soil temp cooler, and reduce high plant UV exposure, while still providing adequate lumen.  This is why I recommended to you that you use SHADE CLOTH instead of plastic.  Plastic severely inhibits light, and also traps heat and humidity.  It will definitely cause long growth of plants.

solid7 said:

You will definitely NOT change plant growth habit by manipulating NPK.  You can definitely change plant growth habit by altering environmental variables.  But to do that, you'd need to build a climate controlled building over your plants.  Otherwise, your climate dictates how your plant grows, when all essential nutrients are available.  The best you can do, is keep the plants growing well, and keep the pests down.

Don't think that's gonna happen, see OPs pic below from 2017-2018 grow fields ...

97dcb4fe5c585ef98edcada48f0c702a.jpg

Don't think that's gonna happen, see OPs pic below from 2017-2018 grow fields ...

I'm certainly not suggesting that he/she would.  Just that if you want to change growth habit, that's what you'd have to do it.  It's why people who live in Canada can raise better looking plants than people in Florida, even when the varieties are identical.
The main point is that expecting better plants by fiddling with NPK, is NOT the answer.

Your English better than my Indonesian so I'll use one of your pix to illustrate your wanted plant growth habit. Your current plant...............................

7832dccca8c65b8a69c0bd6ce2d0ab94.jpg

viHsZEZ.jpg

Edit: Forgot, where do you buy your seeds from?

dddbb7f907e2f0e1ec3ecbf8f24e0cde.jpg
buy at the farm shop,,
2b02d9d59e43624ecc0aebd52ccde945.jpg

solid7 said:

If anything, you want to keep the soil temp cooler, and reduce high plant UV exposure, while still providing adequate lumen.  This is why I recommended to you that you use SHADE CLOTH instead of plastic.  Plastic severely inhibits light, and also traps heat and humidity.  It will definitely cause long growth of plants.
when I use KNO3 fertilizer, plant growth is very fast and fertile. plants will be attacked by thrips quickly if the leaves are too wide

pic KNo3
4d68ed121404b83b2dcfe9516735cee9.jpg

Back