• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hi all

[emoji1][emoji1]
425ccbb50236762b15686e788c0ed8b8.jpg
8c282e696872e5f0e21b664770ef1fd9.jpg
c91caa44d3a2eca748671bd89cccd2ed.jpg
8516c88c9e8f15c2416a707845d406f9.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

in very hot weather. mulch makes the plant stems burn. as usual I wear bamboo protectors. but at the moment I am not wearing it. are there any suggestions that I can apply to protect from the sun

( pic 2017)
ba88d6b3e9e97521d3e04cab31420976.jpg

thoms said:
in very hot weather. mulch makes the plant stems burn. as usual I wear bamboo protectors. but at the moment I am not wearing it. are there any suggestions that I can apply to protect from the sun
Can you split the bamboo then place the two half's around stem? The only other thing I can think of cutting more of the black mulch to let the heat out?

thoms said:

That's what I was telling you earlier.  What you are calling "mulch" is not mulch.  Plastic solarizes the soil, and raises the temperature, unnecessarily.  I guess you have it there to keep weeds down.  But you're still going to need to cover it, or it will cook both plants and soil.
Lay down some *actual* mulch.  Straw, leaves, pine needles, something.  I'm not sure what you have available in your area.  But you want some kind of organic material to diffuse the sunlight, and keep the plastic from heating up.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Can you split the bamboo then place the two half's around stem? The only other thing I can think of cutting more of the black mulch to let the heat out?
I don't have a lot of bamboo in stock, sir.. I will cover with the ground to the surface

solid7 said:

That's what I was telling you earlier.  What you are calling "mulch" is not mulch.  Plastic solarizes the soil, and raises the temperature, unnecessarily.  I guess you have it there to keep weeds down.  But you're still going to need to cover it, or it will cook both plants and soil.
Lay down some *actual* mulch.  Straw, leaves, pine needles, something.  I'm not sure what you have available in your area.  But you want some kind of organic material to diffuse the sunlight, and keep the plastic from heating up.
if I don't use mulch. I will not be able to clean the grass, I will add holes for fertilizer so that the hot steam is divided.

You may want to try and replace the fabric with an organic(living/once alive) mulch, such as wood chips. This will keep moisture and protect roots from heat.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

ThomasDeco said:
Good luck!

That is a massive amount of plants!

Thomas
I hope there are not many thrips and harvest attacks. please tell me, how to kill thrips

KevinThePepperhead said:
You may want to try and replace the fabric with an organic(living/once alive) mulch, such as wood chips. This will keep moisture and protect roots from heat.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I cover the ground, very effectively holding hot steam from the mulch and throwing it in the fertilizer hole

is there a friend of mine here who wants to give your chili seeds. I want to try in my country.

Back