Hi from Washington state

Damn, how did I miss this thread. Welcome BH. You are a great wife to clean up for him after a throwdown. Never happens that way at my house!
Thank you Jay T :)
I am great when I want to be. He just better keep in mind the great things I do for him.

:rofl: chileaddict, that's awesome!

This thread is funny. Usually a welcome post gets ~15 replies, BetterHalf is over 60! Nice Going,81B!

What's a Twisp? Besides the name of a town, it's from a word used by the native American Indians of this region to describe the sound yellowjackets make. Cuz there's a lot of yellowjackets around here...

And if you guys decide on a roadtrip, we'll definitely make it memorable! (that could be good or bad, but it'll definitely be memorable! ) :cool:

accommodations are available~

:rofl: chileaddict, that's awesome!

This thread is funny. Usually a welcome post gets ~15 replies, BetterHalf is over 60! Nice Going,81B!

What's a Twisp? Besides the name of a town, it's from a word used by the native American Indians of this region to describe the sound yellowjackets make. Cuz there's a lot of yellowjackets around here...

And if you guys decide on a roadtrip, we'll definitely make it memorable! (that could be good or bad, but it'll definitely be memorable! ) :cool:

accommodations are available~

:rofl:
I'm game!

Salsa, BBQ Sauce, Hot Sauce, Beer, Whiskey, Food, Yellow Jacket, ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!
:rofl:

I am awesome!!!! J/k I really am not that full of myself .......
Already knowing one member who knows a few others helps. I guess that Aaron helped a little. :) amazing he did something other then drink and eat peppers. Thanks though everyone for the welcomes and entertainment. I understand more and more why he's on here 24/7.

PS. To all he finally is sitting upright on the couch. Tehehe!!!

BetterHalf, you are well on your way to full assimilation. :cool:

Glad to hear HH81 is vertical, prolly wanna keep the IB's handy, though.... :lol:

81B.5 I'm not feeling much better than Aaron today... I'm finally upright too.
You had me crackin up last night...
One of my first thoughts this morning were your words to Aaron... "What did I tell you about Shuttin' up!" Still LMFAO!!!!!

:welcome: from lower SW Minnesota. Used to live in Seattle back in my young days, don't think the damp and my arthritis would be a good combination now. You will get hooked on growing peppers like the rest of us.

K, so on a little more serious note everyone .... maybe I should start a new topic somewhere else for this but whatever I am still learning the proper THP etiquette ..... anyways so most of you know I am pregnant so right now not a good idea but when we start growing since I am a sissy with heat I want to know what I could grow for myself that wont kill me.... not super hots.... I need to take baby steps cuz I also have BAD acid reflexes. So I just want to know how to get better at eating hot peppers without dieing.
Thanks
Betterhalf :)

Betterhalf. I have the perfect one for you, and I felt bad that I did not send Aaron back with some. They are called Uba Tuba or Christmas Bell. He saw them and thought they were cool. Very beautiful and not hot at all. They were easy to grow and put out lots of pods for a fairly small plant. I will definitely save some for you. They are tasty like a bell pepper.

Screenshot2011-10-09at95939PM.png

K, so on a little more serious note everyone .... maybe I should start a new topic somewhere else for this but whatever I am still learning the proper THP etiquette ..... anyways so most of you know I am pregnant so right now not a good idea but when we start growing since I am a sissy with heat I want to know what I could grow for myself that wont kill me.... not super hots.... I need to take baby steps cuz I also have BAD acid reflexes. So I just want to know how to get better at eating hot peppers without dieing.
Thanks
Betterhalf :)

Funny how she didn't ask me where she should post this or what pepper to grow.
She should have mentioned she tried Inca drop, lemon drops and the lanterns I got awhile back. To hot for her.
Aaron

:welcome: From (Even more rainy) Florida! :rofl:
Hopefully that special lady who finds me is in love with hot food and chilies as much as I am! :cheers:

Betterhalf. I have the perfect one for you, and I felt bad that I did not send Aaron back with some. They are called Uba Tuba or Christmas Bell. He saw them and thought they were cool. Very beautiful and not hot at all. They were easy to grow and put out lots of pods for a fairly small plant. I will definitely save some for you. They are tasty like a bell pepper.

Wow thanks!!! Totally awesome, maybe next time.
That looks like a Megan pepper (don't hate me for saying this) I think its pretty :)

Aaron- I didn't ask you cuz I try to learn for myself.

BetterHalf,
it seems to us (from the very un-official, totally layman's view-points of me, hubby and son) that heat tolerance is a built-up thing.

I used to think Spicy V-8 had a little kick, now it tastes like plain tomato juice to me. And I never thought I'd ever order 8-star heat in a Thai restaurant.

It seems that if you just start with jalapenos and Lemon Drops, then keep going up the heat scale as you can and feel comfortable, soon you'll be tasting fataliis and bhuts.

Don't let the peer-presusre get to you. While this forum seems to draw in a large number of stoopid-hot chileheads, the majority of chile eaters in real life are medium-heads.

SL

Thank you so much SL! After the baby comes I am going to give it a try..... I think. Hopefully I am not a huge chicken about it though. Hahaha.

Those Christmas Bells looked totally cool looking. She would definitely be into those.
Aaron

Back