• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

First picking of beans.....Dinner

10336628_10202502244467445_3246354743894531397_n.jpg

Lots of stuff going on here.  Last night some nasty stuff rolled through, but north of me.  I just got an inch of rain, but 5 miles north of me it looks like a tornado went through.  The farmer that farms me had his grain bin lifted from foundation, roof lifted on his house, and his brand new barn that holds all his tractors, combines, and two semi trucks and trailers was destroyed.

Picked what might be the last of the big pickings of the raspberries.

10464206_10202502991126111_9115795238315199697_n.jpg

Got a good crop of currents off my two bushes...should be some good jelly

10457924_10202503143689925_4287280615685363632_n.jpg

Started tanning some squirrel hides...still not sure what I am making yet, but have a few ideas.

10501761_10202503322894405_3933692110939617421_n.jpg

Ran out of time, but my mystery pepper is loaded and ready to pick, peach TS are ready, my yellow manzano has a pod, JA Red is coloring up, Jigsaw is ready to get picked, and a few more are popping.  Tomorrow will be my first harvest...pics tomorrow.  And I have yellow TS pods popping.....excited!!!

Peppers are growing out of whatever was wrong with them and they are starting to look good.  The ones in the raised beds look really good.  Shouldn't be long and I will be having some good pickings of peppers.

I also picked and tried the chocolate scorpion.  Lovely aroma.  Fruity taste until the overall mouth burn hits.  A woman at work tried a sliver and said it was smokey tasting, then coughed a bit and said, yeah, its hot.  I really love the aroma...you know the one I mean!!!  Don't see any other pods on the two plants I have, but I am sure they will pop.

Want to write down my two reviews while the second review is still burning me.  

TS Peach was the first pepper.  Very fruity aroma when first cut open.  Didn't even have to bend down to notice it.  Tongue burn when I ate it a piece of it and that was about all I got out of the pepper as far as heat goes.  

Next pepper I tried was my fully loaded mystery plant.  I was sure it was a TS yellow or a 7 pot Burg.  Throwing red pods.  Faint fruity aroma.  Tried a piece, then tried a bigger piece and nothing until I swallowed.  Just a throat burn, not too bad.  Then it moved to my tongue, mouth, gums, then lips.  I'd say 5 minutes in and I still have a nice lip burn going off of a piece of this pepper.  I am saving seeds as I go.  Hope it produces some more pods for me so I can share them around to see what everyone thinks about the pepper.  

Pics to come after I throw these two peppers in two omelets and give em a go.

Here is a pic of the TS Chocolate I had Earlier this week.

0702TSChoc.jpg

Here are a few pics of the TS Peach that has such a great aroma.

0702tsp.jpg

0702tsp1.jpg

0702tsp2.jpg

And then Mystery pepper that has some good heat.

0702myst.jpg

0702mystpicked.jpg

0702myst1.jpg

0702myst2.jpg

And here is the harvest shot....forgot to pick the Fatalii Cream

0702Harvest.jpg

Chenzo podding nicely

0702chenzo.jpg

Bump please.

Runescape said:
Bump, awesome pod pics... How old are your currant bushes?

I think about 5 years old.
Thanks for the bump.

JA Red

0702JARed.jpg

Baby Mustard

0702Mustard.jpg

Thai

0702Thai.jpg

St. Bart that I really had to use self control not to pick yet.

0702bart.jpg

Billy Boy Douglah Yellow

0702bbdy.jpg

BMJ

0702bmj.jpg

Cherry Bomb

0702bomb.jpg

Budapest

0702budapest.jpg

Baby Burgundy

0702burg.jpg

Cajun Bell

0702cajun.jpg

Bump please.

Thanks for the bumps.

Fatalii Cream that I forgot to pick

0702cream.jpg

Fatalii

0702fatalii.jpg

Goliath Jalapeno

0702goliathjala.jpg

Giant Thai

0702gthai.jpg

Hurrikan

0702hurrikan.jpg

Inca

0702inca.jpg

Jigsaw

0702jigsaw.jpg

Sandia

0702sandia.jpg

TS Yellow

0702tsy.jpg

That's all the pepper shots I have for now.

Great updates HJeff. Glad your plants are putting out some pods for ya. Steaks look nice too. You're really in high gear!

How big are the Goliath jals? Production on those is looking real nice. JA reds and fatalii peaches are also lookin good. The jigsaw is smoother than others I've seen... How's the flavor there?

maximumcapsicum said:
Great updates HJeff. Glad your plants are putting out some pods for ya. Steaks look nice too. You're really in high gear!

How big are the Goliath jals? Production on those is looking real nice. JA reds and fatalii peaches are also lookin good. The jigsaw is smoother than others I've seen... How's the flavor there?

Goliath is running close to 5 inches, but I am sure production will get better.  JA reds are a little small.Haven't sampled the Fatalii cream yet or the Jigsaw.  

I haven't had a chance to check what my pod production was last July, but I am guessing late July the poddage was flowing well with August on being crazy busy.  Just hoed all my peppers and did some watering.

Seen these and couldn't resist.

10464287_10202528173915665_248280791286248655_n.jpg

Once I have my A1C checked, these berries will find their way onto some ice cream and on my birthday there will be cake, blood sugar be dammed.  Not that I think it is high, I am just trying to keep it below where they want it and I think killing junk food consumption should have done it.  Will see soon enough!!!

Back