• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

MeatHead1313 said:
Great updates Jeff! Pods everywhere! How well do the Cajun bells do? I've seen them for sale at Lowes and Home Depot down here but haven't bitten the bullet on a plant yet. Got too disappointed with the lack of productivity from the bells I had last year to mess with them again this year.

They won't bury you in pods, but they do kick out some pods.  It was either last year or the year before I was able to make some powder out of them.

Man. black raspberry  is hands down my favorite ice cream flavor and I probably didn't get 2 gallons this year. The reds have started to take up the slack at least. I may have to get out and wade the briers for blackberries. I've  wanted to try some of those cajun bells -so many peppers, so little time. 
Oh yeah, Happy Birthday!

Last year my a1c was 5.9 and they want it below 5.7.  But I would eat a lot of crap at work.  Big time junk food eater back then.  Haven't touched any since, so my sugar should be good.  

So I was surprised to find this plant full of pods.  It is labeled as an MOA and I am pretty sure I didn't screw these seeds up.  Can these plants throw pods this far off of a standard A shape?  First time growing these and I am curious.  Haven't picked any off yet to taste.

0703moa1.jpg

0706moa2.jpg

0706moa3.jpg

0706moa4.jpg

Thanks for the info on those.  I can't wait to give them a try.  I am starting to have more peppers in the fridge to try than I can sample at one time.  Hope things keep picking up.

The peppers in the raised beds seem to be doing so much better than the other peppers.  I am betting it is all the amendments I added in that is helping them so much.  

miksi said:
Those pods look identical to the Tobago Yellow Scotch Bonnet that's
available from PepperLover! Great pepper and fantastic producer!

Cheers,
miksi

I hope they aren't those, I hope they are MoA as that was what I was suppose to get.  Will be a tad unhappy about that.

I understand that! I've got a couple of MoA growing as well. 
One of the plants are putting out very close to the correct pod-shape
right from the get go, the other plant have had more round-ish pods but
seems to get closer to the bonnet shape as new pods emerge. 

Hopefully they will grow closer to the desired phenotype as the plant progresses!

Btw, you got a great glog going! :dance:

Cheers,
miksi

Looking great Jeff! My MoA's threw out some off pods before putting out true looking pods. The leaves on yours also look the same as mine. Hope they start putting out true pods for you soon!

Back