• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

HOT dogs

I think it is high time that we start giving one of the US' trademark foods it's due. There are a million ways to make a hot dog, and I have had many, but I have a freezer full of hot dogs (I seem to never be able to pass them up when on sale), and I need some ideas. I propose this thread as a place to show off your hot dog prowess. Let's make them creative and of course HOT! I don't have a get started pic as this just came to me and I have just eaten, but I promise to chime in with some pics soon. In the meantime, what is YOUR favorite dog?

grantmichaels said:
Yeah ... we have an export of yours, now, Portillo's ... they're press bit on the news incl their reaction to a customer requesting ketchup ...

Portillos is a Chicago institution that used to serve some really excellent food back in the day.  Food is still good, and I still get cravings for their beef sammies w hot giardinera.  Overall though it's no where near as good as it was before they started doing Barnelli's salad/pasta bowl & ribs and a host of other menu additions.  
frydad4 said:
I hate it when people have such strong feelings about mundane things. 

That chili doesn't have beans in it, does it?!?!

LMAO!!!   No beans in my hot dog chili ;)

SmokenFire said:

More your style?

2w68oly.jpg

;)

Are you kidding me? 

What, you woke up this morning and said, "I'm gonna torture the shit out of Scovie today"?

Well good job. After loosing half my drool from the salmon, the tacos took the rest of it. And now I want chili dogs!

It's like I'm high right now.

Serious cottonmouth and munchies. :D

Back