• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Hottest sauce ??

radikal said:
i have a question, the father of my girlfriend is mexican and can handle every hot sauce i make im try, the last i try was dave insanity hot sauce and he puts like 10 big drop in each taco he made without crying !!!

i want to knwo something : i hear that Z... beyond... is the hottest sauce is it true ? i want to stay in regular sauce not going to extract that will cost 35$ a bottle so can you tell me which one buy to make im spit fire ?

Toxic Waste is pretty potent. Z is about 600,000 shu, which should make it about 12 times hotter than Dave's

sweatnspice said:
Ditto - Jersey Death will be about the hottest your can get for less then $15. It has not yet been tested, but it's supposed to be 2x the heat of Mega Death which rates at 550,000 Scoville Units. Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally ranks at 700,000 - which should also do the trick.
question for you, Sweatnspice...why can't there be any consensus on the heat of various sauces? In a Mo hotta Mo Betta (kind of a misnomer, since none of their products are hot) they list Mega Death at around 283,000. It seems it depends on who you ask.

It would be nice if some of the producers out there put together a task force to definitively rank sauces and post their heat levels.

Mega Death has tested at 550,000. Possible side effects is 283,000 so they may have gotten wires crossed somewhere. We have a hottest sauces list on the site, which ranks them according to heat - only sauces with known (tested & proven) are on the list if that helps you out.

I just tried some Mad Dog 357 at 600K s.u. and it was comparable to Mega Death. Has a syrupy taste to it. :o
Booth guy described it as "brutal". He kept looking from me to the crackers expecting me to need one to cool off. I was able to enjoy the heat for about 5 minutes and the tingle for at least 15 minutes. I did feel a little sweaty, but not bad. :banghead:

I would love to have our sauces measured, but at this point, I don't want to spend the large amount of $$$ at this point. Personally, I think our flavors speak for themselves. Perhaps, in time, we'll have them chromatographed, but not right now.

sweatnspice said:
Mega Death has tested at 550,000. Possible side effects is 283,000 so they may have gotten wires crossed somewhere. We have a hottest sauces list on the site, which ranks them according to heat - only sauces with known (tested & proven) are on the list if that helps you out.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out your site. By the way, I've been meaning to ask: Do you make any of your own sauces? Let me know.

Josh

I believe that the vials of extract that I received from Muso are pharma grade. That would make them about as hot as you can get. Even hotter than Defcon 0, I'd warrant.

Fwiw, though, if you want the hottest non-extract sauce, I doubt you'll find hotter than Goatpepper Mash, but since we're still out of goatpeppers, you'd have to settle for Hurricane Mash.

The fellows are right, though. If you want better than 1 million scovies... you've no choice but to eat extract.

T.

Tina,

I only see a "Goat Pepper (Hurricane) Mash" on your site. Not a separate "Goat Pepper" and "Hurricane"

WOuld this be the one to order? Also, how much do you get?

thanx,

-=john=-

Tina Brooks said:
I believe that the vials of extract that I received from Muso are pharma grade. That would make them about as hot as you can get. Even hotter than Defcon 0, I'd warrant.

T.

Perhaps it is hotter. There are many things on the market that are. What sets our extracts aside from most if not all of the others is the fact that no machines are used in the creation of it. Must be that life-long quest seeking the true secrets of alchemy again. :roll:

huvason said:
Tina,

I only see a "Goat Pepper (Hurricane) Mash" on your site. Not a separate "Goat Pepper" and "Hurricane"

WOuld this be the one to order? Also, how much do you get?

thanx,

-=john=-

That would be because Goatpeppers have been unavailable for export since 2 Cat 5s whacked the Bahamas in 03. We're on our way there tonight to see what we can do in person about restocking.

While you wait though, the Hurricane Mash is a very very good simulation. It's made with a meticulously calculated mix of habaneros and scotch bonnets and is absolutely hot and delectable in its own right. It's a 190 millilitre jar.

T

DEFCON Creator said:
Tina Brooks said:

T.

Perhaps it is hotter. There are many things on the market that are. What sets our extracts aside from most if not all of the others is the fact that no machines are used in the creation of it. Must be that life-long quest seeking the true secrets of alchemy again. :roll:

I personally couldn't tell the difference between heat levels without an chromotograph, myself and doubt it would make ANY difference to anyone. You know as well as I that if I were going to recommend any extract it would be ONLY yours or Musos. But then I'm fussy about what I put into my blood stream.

As for this alchemy thing... Let me know when you can turn water into wine, the next step after that is gold.

T

Tina Brooks said:

Fwiw, though, if you want the hottest non-extract sauce, I doubt you'll find hotter than Goatpepper Mash, but since we're still out of goatpeppers, you'd have to settle for Hurricane Mash.

The fellows are right, though. If you want better than 1 million scovies... you've no choice but to eat extract.

T.

Well I gave this stuff (Muso's) a shot over the weekend. I made a batch of BBQ sauce and added about 3 toothpick swirls in the sauce. I then touched my tongue to the toothpick but didn't really feel the heat. I got a tingle on my tongue but that was about it. I am hoping that the Cap made it into the sauce and adds more heat but until I get a chance to do up some chicken or something I wont know for sure. Just tasting the sauce does give me a sense of more heat to it but until you can actually cook with the stuff it's hard to judge. I did not notice any change to the flavor of the sauce either. I make 12 pint batches of my sauce so say 3 drops (equivilent) of Muso's cap spread over 12 pints. We shall soon find out how hot this stuff is now.

P_Schneider said:
Tina Brooks said:

T.

Well I gave this stuff (Muso's) a shot over the weekend. I made a batch of BBQ sauce and added about 3 toothpick swirls in the sauce. I then touched my tongue to the toothpick but didn't really feel the heat. I got a tingle on my tongue but that was about it. I am hoping that the Cap made it into the sauce and adds more heat but until I get a chance to do up some chicken or something I wont know for sure. Just tasting the sauce does give me a sense of more heat to it but until you can actually cook with the stuff it's hard to judge. I did not notice any change to the flavor of the sauce either. I make 12 pint batches of my sauce so say 3 drops (equivilent) of Muso's cap spread over 12 pints. We shall soon find out how hot this stuff is now.

I must admit that I have never actually put muso's extract directly on my tongue. Defcon's edible grade was painful enough!

T

Tina Brooks said:
P_Schneider said:
Tina Brooks said:
*snip*

T.

I must admit that I have never actually put muso's extract directly on my tongue. Defcon's edible grade was painful enough!

T

Ya I don't know Tina, I was expecting tears, sweat, possible trip to the ER, but nada, just a tingle. I am hoping the sauce soaked all the heat up off the toothpick but I'm not convinced that is the case. I will let you know how the sauce turns out and what other (non chileheads) think of it's heat. I actually have no idea if I put in the proper amount for that size batch of sauce.

P_Schneider said:
Tina Brooks said:
P_Schneider said:
Tina Brooks said:
*snip*

Ya I don't know Tina, I was expecting tears, sweat, possible trip to the ER, but nada, just a tingle. I am hoping the sauce soaked all the heat up off the toothpick but I'm not convinced that is the case. I will let you know how the sauce turns out and what other (non chileheads) think of it's heat. I actually have no idea if I put in the proper amount for that size batch of sauce.

My theory is that the CAP is floating in the oil, and maybe didn't make it to the toothpick? I had a similar experience - mine was hot when I barely dipped a toothpick in the CAP and touched my tongue. But I was expecting similiar painanguish.

I am going to play with it tonight and try to make a sauce. Maybe i'll be stupid enough to try again.

-=john=-

T.[/quote]

As for this alchemy thing... Let me know when you can turn water into wine, the next step after that is gold.

T[/quote]

I'm more on the path for finding the Elixir of Life. :lol:

Ok I fired up the grill today and did up some BBQ chicken using the new sauce as discussed above. I have one word for my meal, disappointed! The flavor was as expected but the sauce wasn't any hotter than a normal batch, in other words I don't think I received any benefit from using Muso's CAP. Maybe I didn't use enough for the quantitiy that I made but at it's advertised shu rating I would have expected to feel some heat. My next experiment is going to add a couple toothpick swirls to a pint of sauce and see what happens.

Has anyone else come to any conclusions with this stuff?

Back