• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

how MUST you have your water

I hate to even post this...but no one else cares.....

June thru September, I refill (recently used) Gatorade bottles 3/4 full with water, freeze them overnight, top them off with water in the morning.....and on a good day, they last us all day long (5 bottles for the 2 of us).

But those other months - it's a crap shoot!!!! Fill 1/2 way, but with freezing temps, it never melts all you end up with is ice. But if we're working indoors(Dec. thru March), and the heat is on....a half-ice filled bottle will melt too fast and by 2:00PM you're stuck with lukewarm aqua. Not the least bit refreshing or even attractive at that point.

I think I had more to say, but I'm not drinking water right now so..........oooooops! ;)

As for everyday water, I have a tendency to chug it. As such, cold water doesn't really work too well for me. But warm water may not be enough. So what I sometimes do is pour about 1/3 of a glass cold water from the fridge; and add about up to the line in the remaining portion of the glass regular water from our filtered system (don't know the technical details...sorry.) Give or take what my gut feeling tells me. The result is water that I can drink plenty of without a brainfreeze.

I'm a chugger, room temp. My teeth are extremely sensitive to temp so that shit needs to feel like its not even there. Downside is having to pee all the freaking time...except working in the summer, then you drink 2 gallons and don't pee all day!

[font=Arial']Humm, I have 2 answers to this actually. If I've been outside working and sweating up a storm them I want it just slightly above body temp. They taught me in the Army that the body will more readily assimilate warm water than cold. Problem is that it really isn't thirst quenching like cold water is. If I'm just sitting around watching the idiot box then I like it cold with ice.[/font]

[font=Arial']The best water I've ever had though, well 2 areas come to mind. The first is anywhere along the Pacific Crest Trail Just find a running stream and dip your cup in. The other place was in Tennessee. We lived in a little town outside of Chattanooga that had an artesian well. The water actually had a sweetness to it.[/font]

All of you guys, well most of you guys, are selfish bastages! I save all my water for the peppers. If that means I have to drink beer or booze all day every day well then that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. For the plants man.....for the plants.

I like my water ice-cold and fluoride+chlorine free
Same here but I love a lemon slice in mine!Fluoride has been linked to causing cancer and should be avoided when at all possible.It has been banned in quite a few countries.I really wish the U.S. would follow suit.

With beer in it! :cheers:

What's wrong with Aspartame? It's one of the safest tested foods ever created.
There are a lot of websites making it look like it's from the devil though. Amazing what people will believe.

It is amazing what people will believe. I wrote in detail what is wrong with aspartame. You, however, can believe how you wish. I am not going to use it, and I am not going to allow it in my house. It is not the worst chemical in the world for you, but it is one that is avoidable.

Filtered...unless it comes straight from a mountain spring or nearby glacier.

IMG_1281-Version2.jpg

It is amazing what people will believe. I wrote in detail what is wrong with aspartame. You, however, can believe how you wish. I am not going to use it, and I am not going to allow it in my house. It is not the worst chemical in the world for you, but it is one that is avoidable.

So the ADA, Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins University and many others are all wrong I guess when they say it is safe?

What is amazing is that people believe everything they read on the internet. :rolleyes:

Safe is a relative term.

What I mean is if you are ok with a certain amount of risk, then go ahead. I just wouldn't recommend going "all out" with it, as some people that I know have, and use a ton of it b/c, hey, no calories. And I was only cautioning due to a temperature issue before.
The information that I have I did not just get it from "the Internet". I am willing to let this drop, but I did not take kindly to the shaking of head response of "some people believe everything that they read in the Internet."

Back