• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Inca's 2011 Grow Log... !

2011 ......... here we go : season 2010

Still not sure about the varieties i will grow this season, but i know 1 thing....i want some Tovarii this season !
So i've sowed some seeds (15 tovarii's :D ) just to be sure ...and to my surprise 6 of them have allready germinated ;)

this season i will grow some 'common' varieties aswell. I just need a lot of madam jeanette's (all time no. 1 chili, for me) for cooking and sauces, and some Japanese hotties, packed with flavour; Takanotsume and Okinawan hot pepper, later i will sow some Shishito aswell.

Here are some pic's of the progress so far :

mme1.jpg

all2.jpg

P3090003.jpg

Black reunion pepper

P3090004.jpg

Black reunion pepper, close up as you can see it is starting to make flowers :shock:

c.galapagoense:

P3090002.jpg

Both of my gala's doing really really well :D i'm a happy man

last but not least.....finally my lance have germinted. yesterday the first and today the other 4....

First of all, here's something strange ......
I have 2 plants of the ulupica x exilium and they don't look alike at all.
1 is 'normal' green and the other 1 has dark leaves; let me show ya what i mean :

uluxexi2.jpg

The green 1

uluxexi.jpg

The purple 1

Both of them in the same shot :

uluxexi3.jpg

Can anyone please tell me what is going on here ???

here the same problem, 2 tepin unknown....don't look the same to me......?

tepinunknown1.jpg

tepinunknown.jpg

This one has much darker, and different shaped leaves....

Again now with 2 tepin Amarillo's, take a look :

tepinamarillo-1.jpg

Amarillo 1

tepinamarillo1.jpg

Amarillo 2

tepinamarillo2.jpg

Both of them together

You can clearly see the difference between the 2..... :?:

One more, again a tepin...this time it's the chiltepin....

again see the difference :

chiltepin1.jpg

chiltepin 1

chiltepin.jpg

Chiltepin 2

Here the difference is just the leave color...number 2 has much darker leaves.....

The first black vs green looks to me like one got daddys blue eyes and the other got red hair from mommies side. Somewhere there is a recessive dark pigment gene.

The second looks like two different kinds. Perhaps it is one is a wild and the other a domesticated....

Third pair looks all good from here :cool:

I say run with it and enjoy the differences. I would keep some seeds and mark the bags well to see if they reproduce the same as the parent plant. :dance: Whatever you are doing, keep it up. They all look great!

The first black vs green looks to me like one got daddys blue eyes and the other got red hair from mommies side. Somewhere there is a recessive dark pigment gene.

Thats strange couse none of the parents have any hint of purple

The second looks like two different kinds. Perhaps it is one is a wild and the other a domesticated....

Third pair looks all good from here :cool:

I say run with it and enjoy the differences. I would keep some seeds and mark the bags well to see if they reproduce the same as the parent plant. :dance: Whatever you are doing, keep it up. They all look great!

Thanks for the tips, i will mark them and put them in seperate bags.

Can't wait to see the end result !

I'm having a hard time keeping the aphis under control, spraying doesn't work, none of the soap/chili/garlic.. mixes works.....
so today i bought myself a little army:
larven.jpg

I hope this will kill all the aphis....but i'm sure it will ;) These little buggars eat 100/150 aphis a day.. :o

Back