• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Inca's 2011 Grow Log... !

2011 ......... here we go : season 2010

Still not sure about the varieties i will grow this season, but i know 1 thing....i want some Tovarii this season !
So i've sowed some seeds (15 tovarii's :D ) just to be sure ...and to my surprise 6 of them have allready germinated ;)

this season i will grow some 'common' varieties aswell. I just need a lot of madam jeanette's (all time no. 1 chili, for me) for cooking and sauces, and some Japanese hotties, packed with flavour; Takanotsume and Okinawan hot pepper, later i will sow some Shishito aswell.

Here are some pic's of the progress so far :

mme1.jpg

all2.jpg

Inca, Great looking plants. Aphids have been a major pain for me too. I'm reluctant to buy the ladybugs just yet until I got enough plants outside to provide them with a worthy place to want to live. I did find a volunteer on one of my plants yesterday. I mixed my own sprays last year with some success. Neem, pyrethrin concentrate, listerine, cascade dish soap and tobacco. I will probably leave out the tobacco this year as I've read it can envoke tobacco mosaic virus.

Love your wilds! Good luck with your season.

Mike

Today was a very nice day, lot's of sun and warm temperatures (17c)......so some of my plants got to go outside for the first time......and boy oh boy ...did they like it :D

buiten24-3-11.jpg

buiten124-3-11.jpg

The two on the left side, the large ones, are c.tovarii :mrgreen:

The outside temp is 17c but in the sun it's .........HOT :D
buiten224-3-11.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Very nice pics.
Have to say that it must take skill to grow wild species in the Netherlands.

Bleash

Well, i must say....it's never easy no matter were you're from....but our summers are a bit short, so i have to start very early (feb or march)
and at the end of each season i move my plants (some of them) indoors, to ripen the last pods. Or if the summer is really bad (like last year)
i'll bring them all indoors to ripen all of the pods....

Now this summer looks like it will be a hot one, so fingers crossed.... :lol:

Back