• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Inca's 2011 Grow Log... !

2011 ......... here we go : season 2010

Still not sure about the varieties i will grow this season, but i know 1 thing....i want some Tovarii this season !
So i've sowed some seeds (15 tovarii's :D ) just to be sure ...and to my surprise 6 of them have allready germinated ;)

this season i will grow some 'common' varieties aswell. I just need a lot of madam jeanette's (all time no. 1 chili, for me) for cooking and sauces, and some Japanese hotties, packed with flavour; Takanotsume and Okinawan hot pepper, later i will sow some Shishito aswell.

Here are some pic's of the progress so far :

mme1.jpg

all2.jpg

These are gorgeous. They all look picturesque health-wise. Love the set up. Very dedicated. I especially liked, and had a good laugh at this update: "...so today I bought myself a little army."

For those who are interested. Some pictures of our visit to CGN 2011. A short report with more pictures will follow soon

CGN 2011
http://wildchilli.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=651&p=7259#p7258

CGN 2010
http://www.wildchilli.eu/index.php/excursion-cgn

Some more pic's, just to show you how things are.....the weather over here sucks (too cold and too wet)
But it isn't that bad, i have some fruit, take a look :

something strange ; i have 2 plants of the same var, but they look a lot different: both flower and fruit are different !!!

This is a cap 1546 eximium x ulupica

cap1546a.jpg

cap1546a1.jpg

This is a cap 1546 eximium x ulupica too , see the difference ????

cap1546b.jpg

cap1546b1.jpg

chocroc-2.jpg

chocroc1-1.jpg

Turbopubepi585276a-cpubescens.jpg

Turbopubepi585276-cpubescens.jpg

Very stunning, strange looking flowers on the cap 213, not like any other, very tiny
CAP213acmicrocarpum.jpg

CAP213cmicrocarpum.jpg

heiserpodunripe1.jpg

heiserpodunripe.jpg

c.tovarii is doing great, lot's of flowers in the making :mrgreen:
tovarii-6.jpg

Here is another strange thing.....
i have a CGN accession (21502) wich should be a c.eximium, but as far as i know there isn't a hairy eximium :?:
The flowers have not opened yet, but when they do, i will know more...
The leaves and plant are nothing like the eximiums i've grown/growing, Take a look:

cgn21502-3.jpg

cgn21502b-1.jpg

cgn21502-2.jpg

cgn21502a-2.jpg

some more pic's :

4plant.jpg

tuin1.jpg

heis.jpg

Lot's of fruit on the heiser and smith :mrgreen:

some more pic's:

this is the heiser and smith, it's said to be a cardenasii. Well look at the flower and you will see clearly it is not. So what is it ? is it a eximium, it looks like it, but look at the fruit???? really could it be a yellow eximium ???? you'll be the judge :

heiser-3.jpg

heiser1-2.jpg

heiser2-2.jpg

heiser3-1.jpg

plenty fruits €$

turbo.jpg

pi643124b.jpg

pi643124a.jpg

pi643124-2.jpg

Hans, those are some beautiful pictures! I especially like your Tovarii and Lanceolatum. I didn't have much luck growing those two species this season.

Can you tell me more about the PI 643124. Umbilicatum correct?

Keep up the good work!!! :dance:

Hans, those are some beautiful pictures! I especially like your Tovarii and Lanceolatum. I didn't have much luck growing those two species this season.

Can you tell me more about the PI 643124. Umbilicatum correct?

Keep up the good work!!! :dance:

Thanks Redtail,

My Tovarii and lanceolatum aren't that great, plants are big and healthy but there are only 5 or 6 pods. The weather over here is the worst
in 100 years. too wet, too cold and very little sunshine....

The PI 643124 is indeed a c.baccatum var. umbilicatum, can't tell you much more, this is the first time i've grown them. Pods color from lime-green to bright red,
leaves are very big (like all baccatums)plants are 3 feet tall and very bushy. Just love the shape of the pods hope they taste great aswell.

Back