• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Inca's 2011 Grow Log... !

2011 ......... here we go : season 2010

Still not sure about the varieties i will grow this season, but i know 1 thing....i want some Tovarii this season !
So i've sowed some seeds (15 tovarii's :D ) just to be sure ...and to my surprise 6 of them have allready germinated ;)

this season i will grow some 'common' varieties aswell. I just need a lot of madam jeanette's (all time no. 1 chili, for me) for cooking and sauces, and some Japanese hotties, packed with flavour; Takanotsume and Okinawan hot pepper, later i will sow some Shishito aswell.

Here are some pic's of the progress so far :

mme1.jpg

all2.jpg

Those flowers look amazing! How big do those wild varieties get?

well that depends on the variety and/or species of wilds, some grow very bif some will stay small. Chacoense and praetermissum will grow huge, while
the lanceolatum and galapagoense still relatively small.

Some pic's of a new variety that opened it flowers : the C.Cardenasii - Heiser et Smith :

heiser-1.jpg

heiser2.jpg

heiser2.jpg

heiser4.jpg

heiser3.jpg

what the ? you have some freaakin sweet varaties. wthh duude black tepin & tepin amarillo? god dammm.? god danggg where'd you get all thesee ?

been collecting (swap, buy)seeds for over 3 years now.
(black tepins never germinated though) :(
there is lots to find out there, and a dedicated site/forum (http://www.wildchilli.eu) on wilds helps a lot,
site

First of all take a look at the size of the flower of the Berebere hot- c.annuum. (it's 3cm wide)
I've put a flower in the middle (purple flower chacoense) so you can see the difference in size
berber.jpg

berberflower.jpg

yellowchaco-1.jpg

PI342124bacvarum.jpg

cap213-1.jpg

piripiri.jpg

7soups-3.jpg

7soups1.jpg

been collecting (swap, buy)seeds for over 3 years now.
(black tepins never germinated though) :(
there is lots to find out there, and a dedicated site/forum (http://www.wildchilli.eu) on wilds helps a lot,
site

I made an account, but they dont sell, how did you get them? did you trade ? or what?

Back