seed-train International Seed Train

Mezo....do you know if vic is ok for accepting seeds too? Not sure where to look to find out? If it is, then count me in down here in Victoria!

Welcome aboard, Mezo!

Thank you for the heads-up! How long is the quarantine process, should it get stuck there?

TheFanMan is in Victoria. Will it be better for you to receive the train first in NSW and then send it along to him?

And Johnaton, please PM me with your address, if you would. I'll compile a list to include in the package.

edit: Oops, you guys beat me to it.

Welcome aboard, nee!

Reactions: nee
Thank you for the heads-up! How long is the quarantine process, should it get stuck there?
it doesn't take very long, hopefully it shouldn't get stuck there. seeds USUALLY get through alright.

TheFanMan is in Victoria. Will it be better for you to receive the train first in NSW and then send it along to him?
Don't think it will make much difference, it will probably still come through the same quarantine place either way.

Quarantine open them, read the type of seeds they are & check against the list of acceptable seeds (genus and species)

Tasmania & Western Australia are not allowed seed or plants, everywhere else is OK, not 100% on Northern Territory though?

Have a read of this on importing seeds to Australia, ive had several packages sent to me & they get through fine but i tell people to make sure they are labelled correctly, the picture i posted were seeds from Judy (pepperlover) they checked hers and they was labelled beautifully & there was no problem & they let it through.

New Zealand has similar set up regards quarantine Eric, Trippa PM`d me saying he was gutted he could not participate (he is moving house soon) i can only suggest Trippa meets the train with either myself or one of the Brisbane member's (if they come aboard).

Mezo.

Mezo,

Would love that rendezvous with the other guys when/if we reach that point, sir.

I'll have a read and we'll make sure we comply.

Thank you, Mezo!

Can i jump in? IM from illinois

Yup. I'm putting you in on the Western NA leg. Welcome aboard!

Also, folks. For those that have not yet PMed me your address, please do so at your earliest convenience.

I'll be announcing a route in the next two days (before the weekend, CDT).

It looks like we'll be hitting Eastern North America first, the heading down to Mexico and Brasil, and then headed across to Oz. Trying to help out with the Southern Hemisphere's growing season. :fingerscrossed:

I'll be announcing a route in the next two days (before the weekend, CDT).

It looks like we'll be hitting Eastern North America first, the heading down to Mexico and Brasil, and then headed across to Oz. Trying to help out with the Southern Hemisphere's growing season. :fingerscrossed:

hey Eephus, maybe it would be better if i go down of the train, two people sent me seeds from US to mexico, first pack april 30, second pack may 2, and they haven't arrived... so it would be better to just skip mexico... ill let you know if i get them the next days so i can jump in, its going to be an awesome ride, but it isnt worth taking the fun away from everyone :(... so ill keep you informed before the train goes out :)

Please do, dp. Do you have any experience receiving seed from the south? Do you know if it would be smoother sailing to receive a package from Brasil?

Lord knows what stockpiles of stuff are sitting at either side of our border at customs. lol. One of these years, I'll come pay you a visit personally. I miss Mexico.

The special day is comming soon! I can't wait! I don't have a lot to offer (first time grower) but I will take even less! Wait untill harverst time! 6 months ago, I started from 10 Bhut jolokia seeds, and now, I have over 12 varieties of peppers! If this international train is still running in august/sept, you guys will be served hehehe!

Cory_Huck contributed what must be 20+ varieties today just to help jump start the train properly here in Austin.

And capsidadburn is dropping off a few more varieties tomorrow.

These guys are totally awesome and super cool to help out with a nice payload to begin. Lend them some good rep when you get the chance!

I think we'll probably have varying quantities of more than 40 varieties when I ship it off to stop #2. Should be good, y'all! :dance:

Cory_Huck contributed what must be 20+ varieties today just to help jump start the train properly here in Austin.

And capsidadburn is dropping off a few more varieties tomorrow.

These guys are totally awesome and super cool to help out with a nice payload to begin. Lend them some good rep when you get the chance!

I think we'll probably have varying quantities of more than 40 varieties when I ship it off to stop #2. Should be good, y'all! :dance:

I'm going to feel very humbled in comparrison to these contributions.

I'm going to feel very humbled in comparrison to these contributions.

It doesn't matter, we all wish we had a ton of varieties to offer, that's next years train.

Me personally ive got at least 200 Bhut seeds to chuck on the train plus as many more lesser varieties, and next time the train passes my way i load the thing up big time.

Its just a matter of 'don't be greedy' when the train passes your way, only take a few of what you need (not the whole packet) and replace with something that's not in the train, or add to what is there.

If every one is sensible there's more than enough to go round, its a bit like fly fishing, if you only get five seeds you tend to cherish them five seeds more than if you twenty, am i right lads?

Mezo,

Eric, I bagged up around 30 varieties. I made labels but I hate my hand writing. You mentioned you would make labels and that would be great. There is an average of 20 to 30 seeds probably. I did not count. I will drop these by your work around 3:45 to 4:15. See you then!

Mike

Back