seed-train International Seed Train

It doesn't matter, we all wish we had a ton of varieties to offer, that's next years train.

Me personally ive got at least 200 Bhut seeds to chuck on the train plus as many more lesser varieties, and next time the train passes my way i load the thing up big time.

Its just a matter of 'don't be greedy' when the train passes your way, only take a few of what you need (not the whole packet) and replace with something that's not in the train, or add to what is there.

If every one is sensible there's more than enough to go round, its a bit like fly fishing, if you only get five seeds you tend to cherish them five seeds more than if you twenty, am i right lads?

Exactly! @Peakey - No sweat on how much seed you have available. Just make sure you don't deplete the train, and I promise everyone will be very happy in the end. By the time it hits you the second time, you'll be able to feel comfortable grabbing a few more varieties, too.

These trains were the best way I ever found to grab 3-5 seeds from interesting varieties I wanted to try, and then have fresh seed on hand to grow larger numbers of plants the next year, as well as share. Fun stuff.

Eric, I bagged up around 30 varieties. I made labels but I hate my hand writing. You mentioned you would make labels and that would be great. There is an average of 20 to 30 seeds probably. I did not count. I will drop these by your work around 3:45 to 4:15. See you then!

Thank you so much, Mike. I'll see you this afternoon.

A train route will be posted by this afternoon, everyone.

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Hello[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Eephus[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]...[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Keep[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]me informed[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]about the route[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]of this train[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]and its output[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]so that I can[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]be[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]watching closely[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)].[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Thank you.[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Tuca[/background]

Tuca,

You will be the first stop outside of North America. I hope the train makes it to you before you start planting seeds this year.

-E

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]I also hope[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]I will[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]start[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]growing[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]between September and[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]October[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)].[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Let's wait for[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]everything to go right[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)].[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Hugs[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)].[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Tuca[/background]

hey Eephus, maybe it would be better if i go down of the train, two people sent me seeds from US to mexico, first pack april 30, second pack may 2, and they haven't arrived... so it would be better to just skip mexico... ill let you know if i get them the next days so i can jump in, its going to be an awesome ride, but it isnt worth taking the fun away from everyone :(... so ill keep you informed before the train goes out :)

dp,

The other thing I can do is send you a separate shipment from the train after it returns to Texas. It won't be as satisfying as sorting through it yourself, but I don't mind doing that for you. It won't derail the train, but will still give you a chance to participate indirectly.

Hi I come from the land of the world famous Tabasco Sauce (No, it is not Tabasco, Mexico) Lafayette, Louisiana.

Located in the the very west corner of America's South. Cajun country where our local emblem is the hot Tabasco pepper.

I would like to contribute to this train with seeds as well as some Tabasco Company's goodies.

I am down to getting some Mediterranean and Asian chiles as well.

So many wild South American species out there too.

Count me in!!!

CS, if you still want in, we have room. The train will be headed to the Red River Valley first, and (if you want), then south to Lafayette. I was just in LaLa land back in March, picking up a '76 TransAm for work. Just let me know and I'll add you to the docket.

Is it too late to get a seat on the train? I'd really like to get in if I can.

Thanks
RM

RM,

If you still want in, we have room. You'd be the third stop after Texas and Louisiana and before South Florida. Just let me know and I'll add you as well...

Also, as of now (and excepting RocketMan and CUBANSURFER should they choose to participate), we are officially closed to new riders for the first train ride!

im getting excited. This is really sounding like its coming together smoothly. Only problem for me is figuring out what a native hot pepper variety for canada would be haha. I have plenty to offer, but would love to mix things up with what is normally grown here as well.

dp,

The other thing I can do is send you a separate shipment from the train after it returns to Texas. It won't be as satisfying as sorting through it yourself, but I don't mind doing that for you. It won't derail the train, but will still give you a chance to participate indirectly.

hey Eephus, making an update, i just received yestarday one of the 2 packs from seeds that were sent to me, the one from may 2, it came from virginia, and the one that comes from texas hasnt arrived... so.. i dont know, what you think? i dont really trust post service in mexico, theres a lot of people that open letters searching for money and valuable stuff, and the train would be a weird package, so someone may be just curious about whats inside and kill the fun for everyone :(... so i think it woud be great if you help me :) , a little time before it takes down on texas again, i will send you some seeds, that way i can participate indirectly, i send you the seeds you put them in the train, take some for me, just let me know when it gets there again, :) and ill be keeping some seeds ready for the train :D

ty Eephus, and ty for all the trouble youre taking for organizing this train :D, it would be an awesome ride :)

I'm happy to join in, we get post everyday but also often have guests flying to Europe / USA / Australia so can be a springboard out of Indonesia should we need it.

For the seeds i have many plants i grow from USA Seed stock, but i assume the ones you want are the local ones? Although, i think Indonesia is a little boring for chillies with only about 5 varieties. I will look into it :)

hey Eephus, making an update, i just received yestarday one of the 2 packs from seeds that were sent to me, the one from may 2, it came from virginia, and the one that comes from texas hasnt arrived... so.. i dont know, what you think? i dont really trust post service in mexico, theres a lot of people that open letters searching for money and valuable stuff, and the train would be a weird package, so someone may be just curious about whats inside and kill the fun for everyone :(... so i think it woud be great if you help me :) , a little time before it takes down on texas again, i will send you some seeds, that way i can participate indirectly, i send you the seeds you put them in the train, take some for me, just let me know when it gets there again, :) and ill be keeping some seeds ready for the train :D

ty Eephus, and ty for all the trouble youre taking for organizing this train :D, it would be an awesome ride :)

No problemo. And that sounds like a great plan, dp. As it comes back around, I'll give you a heads up and we'll coordinate.

I'm happy to join in, we get post everyday but also often have guests flying to Europe / USA / Australia so can be a springboard out of Indonesia should we need it.

For the seeds i have many plants i grow from USA Seed stock, but i assume the ones you want are the local ones? Although, i think Indonesia is a little boring for chillies with only about 5 varieties. I will look into it :)

Sounds great and welcome aboard!

Okay, y'all. Here's the expected order (expected order added to OP). If your handle has "Pending Confirmation" next to it, it means I still need you to PM your address to me (ASAP at this point). Except for CUBAN, whose address I have, but just need a re-commitment after we opened up to SE America again. For those that HAVE submitted, thank you, and I wouldn't read too much into the late input from others. This is pretty typical for anything and especially hobby trains like this :). There is SOME method to the madness here when it comes to my admittedly rudimentary level of customs knowledge. But if you see routing that looks iffy, then please give input.

A quick update without spoiling any surprises (I think)...

The train looks as if it will launch with at least 80 varieties of peppers +/-.

Hope that's good news for everyone.

Gary, I didn't add in any Congo Trinidads or Guampinho de Veados thinking that you should have plenty. If I'm wrong, I can add those two as well!

Should add that many of these are non-isolated seed. For those very particular about your seed, you'll have to decide whether its worth it. I have also indicated varieties that were non-isoed that still grew true for me. Hope that helps!

I think most people are cool as long as they know in advance.

I don't expect any seeds I'm given free to be 100%, though I do have that expectation when I buy seeds :). Dichotimistic perhaps... But if I'm spending my hard earned money, at a vendor, I want to recieve the type purchased. For something like this, I'm stoked to see the variety! Hoping my Amish Apples hurry up and ripen so I can include some of their seed. I don't see too many of those around, and I realllllllly like the taste.

Hi Eephus Man,

I would be happy to be a part of this train, representing a stop here in Budapest, Hungary. (if it is not too late)
By the way, this train is more interesting than the Trans-Siberian Railway! :dance:

Balázs

Another one from my place, the more the merrier i guess, and yeah we only have view varieties, but that's going to change after this train, lol.

Okay folks. Packing things up today. Have about six varieties I seeded over the past two days and giving them the rest of the day in my very warm, very dry garage to sap some moisture and get them on the train.

Package will fly to windchicken tomorrow. Here we go...

Back