• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jason's 2010 grow log

How is everyone today? A few of my seed have sprouted for my 2010 season so I thought i'd post a couple of pics. Nothing too flash at this stage but will be sure to keep updating as they progress. Hopefully I will end up with around 50 or so plants (including ones in the groung already and a few Bird's eyes and Orange Habs), however I was going through Timmies thread the other day and I may just regret that many plants.
So here is the list ATM
Seeds in: 4 x Trini Scorp, 4 x 7 Pot, 4 x 7 Pot "Jonah", 4 x Yellow 7 Pot, 4 x Naga Morich, 4 x Dorset Naga, 4 x Bih Jolokia, 4 x Bhut Jolokia and 4 x Choc Bhut. I'm trialling the aspirin mix on one tray while the other will be getting "normal" nutes.
This is Tray #1 (no aspirin) planted 29 Apr 2010
2010growlog012.jpg

This is tray #2 (aspirin) planted 02 May 2010
2010growlog001.jpg

The seedlings from Tray #1
2010growlog011.jpg

The seedling from tray #2
2010growlog010.jpg

So I'm not expecting much from the aspirin at this stage. I soaked those seeds in an aspirin solution for 8 hours prior to sowing them. and give them a dose every week but other than that they all just get plain old tap water. but again once a fortnight they get a dose of weak nutes.

Tray one has the following shoots; 2 x Trinin Scorp, 2 x Bih Jolokia, 2 x 7 Pot, 1 x 7 Pot "Jonah", 1 x Yellow 7, 1 x Bhut and 1 x Dorset Naga.

Trat #2 has only got 1 x 7 Pot, But just discovered this morning that it has hooks coming up from Trini Scorp and Dorset Naga.

Jason, be brave and pull that netting off the plants. It interferes with the roots spreading, you may lose a few small roots now but the plants will grow much better once it's gone. I grow in peat pellets a lot and always take the netting off.

pepperfever said:
Jason, be brave and pull that netting off the plants. It interferes with the roots spreading, you may lose a few small roots now but the plants will grow much better once it's gone. I grow in peat pellets a lot and always take the netting off.

Yeah I ended up taking the netting off, but I ended up breaking a few roots off. How does that effect ther growth? Does it hurt them at all?

So here are the pics from before I left taken 18 May. I only have from the up pot which are the lot of 'em but just different angles
Thelot2.jpg

Thelot1.jpg

Thelot.jpg

Here are the pics I took yesterday, about 9 days after the previous ones. The wife has done an awesome job while I've been at work, for the most part they have more than doubled in size! My 7 pots and Trini scorps are doing the best. and unfortunately now a couple more Choc Bhuts have sprouted in the same cups as the others so I have more seperating to do.

These are the 7 Pots
7PotMutantleaf.jpg

7Pot4.jpg

7Pot3.jpg

This is the biggest of all
7Pot2.jpg

And a couple of Naga Morich
NagaMorich.jpg

NagaMorich1.jpg

So as you can see they are doin quite well thus far. I'm just not looking forward to seperating those Choc Bhuts.

Well It's getting close to pot up time again, so I'll be needing more room, which also meant a few little purchases to build a bigger grow area.
The fans say they are "high velocity" but I pulled one out and tried it... My farts blow harder ;).... So they should be fine for a subtle breeze effect on the plants.
005.jpg

I also bought a few tarps and some other bits and bobs and am going down stairs now to put this all together. Again the lights are only 4000K Tri-phosphor tubes. They seem to be doing a good job so far so so I'll stick with them untill the plants require more adequate lighting. Will post more pics apon completion of the new grow area.

Well, I finished the new grow room yesterday but was too lazy to post pics so here they are.

From the inside
038.jpg

037.jpg

036.jpg

And here is the pully system for the adjustable lights.
034.jpg

It's about 3m x 2m, so should be plenty of room for the winter.

so wait, all those are about a month old?

i bet you answered this already, but..
God I really must suck at this; what are you using as your potting soil?

charlesNYC said:
so wait, all those are about a month old?

i bet you answered this already, but..
God I really must suck at this; what are you using as your potting soil?

Hey mate,
I'm just using a potting mix that I used last year and a combination of cow manure and chicken manure, also, twice used a VERY weak fert. and had a go at a VERY weak mix of super thrive, but only once though as I found out it can make you're plants get a bit on the leggy side.

Unfortunately for me I'm out at work ATM, and my wife has taken delivery of some new seeds from a VERY generous member from this forum. So I can't wait to get home and sow some new seeds and add to my grow log.

awfully jealous. new seeds. very generous. those are words that should be put together when talking about sharing seeds. =D lol.

when i do have enough hopefully i can do the same for those who has shared to me.

awfully jealous. new seeds. very generous. those are words that should be put together when talking about sharing seeds. =D lol.

when i do have enough hopefully i can do the same for those who has shared to me.

Yeah I'm in the same boat... Nothing to share at the moment but as soon as I can I will repay and pay forward!

Well it's been a while since I've updated this log of mine but here are a couple of pics of my babies since the last pics they have more than doubled in size. The tallest ones are, on average, just shy of 5 inches tall, they seem to be getting a little leggy but I'll try to correct that on the next pot up. You'll also see that my VERY stunted little Bhut has made an awesome recovery, unfortunately my near dead yellow 7 was not quite as lucky it got attacked by a rat or something (which forced me to abandon my new grow room for the time being) and was totally destroyed :( Just wait till I find that little bastard!!

Notice the little Bhut still in the peat pellet.
Updatedgrowlog006.jpg

There are a couple of Choc Bhuts I STILL have to seperate but they'll be fine for now.
Updatedgrowlog005.jpg

Back