• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jason's 2010 grow log

How is everyone today? A few of my seed have sprouted for my 2010 season so I thought i'd post a couple of pics. Nothing too flash at this stage but will be sure to keep updating as they progress. Hopefully I will end up with around 50 or so plants (including ones in the groung already and a few Bird's eyes and Orange Habs), however I was going through Timmies thread the other day and I may just regret that many plants.
So here is the list ATM
Seeds in: 4 x Trini Scorp, 4 x 7 Pot, 4 x 7 Pot "Jonah", 4 x Yellow 7 Pot, 4 x Naga Morich, 4 x Dorset Naga, 4 x Bih Jolokia, 4 x Bhut Jolokia and 4 x Choc Bhut. I'm trialling the aspirin mix on one tray while the other will be getting "normal" nutes.
This is Tray #1 (no aspirin) planted 29 Apr 2010
2010growlog012.jpg

This is tray #2 (aspirin) planted 02 May 2010
2010growlog001.jpg

The seedlings from Tray #1
2010growlog011.jpg

The seedling from tray #2
2010growlog010.jpg

So I'm not expecting much from the aspirin at this stage. I soaked those seeds in an aspirin solution for 8 hours prior to sowing them. and give them a dose every week but other than that they all just get plain old tap water. but again once a fortnight they get a dose of weak nutes.

Tray one has the following shoots; 2 x Trinin Scorp, 2 x Bih Jolokia, 2 x 7 Pot, 1 x 7 Pot "Jonah", 1 x Yellow 7, 1 x Bhut and 1 x Dorset Naga.

Trat #2 has only got 1 x 7 Pot, But just discovered this morning that it has hooks coming up from Trini Scorp and Dorset Naga.

And thanks to a VERY generous forum member I have just added another 8 super hot varieties (1 crossed that I'm pretty excited about)and the Bahamian Goat Pepper which I'm curious about as I've never even seen a pic of it. And another member who traded some Lightning Habs for some Yellow 7 seeds. Which gives me a total of 20 seeds sown this morning. Also this time I thought I'd use a seedling tray instead of peat pellets. I hope I can make them all sprout up :pray:

2 x Bahamian Goat Pepper
2 x Lightning Hab
2 x Trini Scorp x Giant white Hab
2 x Trini Scorp Morouga
2 x Trini Scorp Sunrise
2 x 7 Pot/Pod Burgundy
2 x 7 Pot/Pod Barrakapore
2 x 7 Pot/Pod Douglah
and the one I'm most excited about da da da dut da daaaaaaaaaaah
4 x 7 Pot/Pod BRAIN STRAIN!!! (I had to plant 4, 2 just wasn't enough):woohoo: :dance: :party:
Updatedgrowlog004.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of this earlier, almost all of my seedlings are developing "new branches" i think??? I only took a pic of one as it's too hard to get a good close up on my camera (this one took me 4 attempts ;)) I'm pretty sure this will suffice though.

032-1.jpg

So are these new limbs or not?

Just a quick update with a few pics some are pretty sad to look at though some seedlings got a little over watered while I was away at work, hopefully I can bring them back to life.

These are my first starts there will be more individual pics to come when I get the camera charged back up.
The tallest one is just under 10 inches. But they are ALL getting quite leggy!! Is there any way to fix this or will they never bush up??
The temp is sitting around 25-26C all day and night in here.
100_0822.jpg

100_0823.jpg

100_0824.jpg

100_0825.jpg

100_0826.jpg

And here are some of my poor little seedlings.

All of which I was hoping to get going really well!!

These 2 are doing ok but they haven't received light so they are already quite tall. I was suprised to see a set of true leaves on one of these but maybe after a closer look it could be just a 3rd cot???
100_0827.jpg

100_0830.jpg

These 2 are doing ok but they haven't received light so they are already quite tall. I was suprised to see a set of true leaves on one of these but maybe after a closer look it could be just a 3rd cot???

i got a bhut assam strain that has a 3rd cot too.

your seedlings are looking quite leggy dude. they need to either get out or more indoor lighting. =D

Yeah like i said "they haven't received any light yet" coz I've been away. And the missus didn't know to move them into the light for me. But they are now living in a much brighter location than where the germinated.

Well a bit of an update to the log. Unfortunately none of my new seedlings made it but I'll be starting another 80 odd tomorrow, some in rockwool and some in a 50/50 perlite/vermiculite mix on advice from my local hydro dooood. I have just potted up 14 of my plants and another twelve are goin in to a Hydro system (pics when it's done) tomorrow when I finish making it.
but here are a few before and after pics all be it pics of leggy plants.
They were on average around 12 inches tall a few stunted coz I've been too lazy to seperate twins and a massive assault from thrips!!

Before pics
005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003.jpg

After pics
007.jpg

006.jpg

And coz I'll only be home every second week I can't harden them off properly so here is where they'll be living from now on.
009.jpg

And here they are with the neighbours, on the right is a few strawberries that have remained idol for a while and in the back are few older siblings
008.jpg

012.jpg

There is a birds eye, a serrano, a cayenne, a store bought Hab (has a frame around it), and some that were labeled "thank you chilli"
010.jpg

And the Strawberries
011.jpg

Thanks Franz. Hopefully my Hydro system works out.

This may be a stupid question.... But can plants go from hydro back to soil once they reach a desired growth stage?

Back