• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jason's 2010 grow log

How is everyone today? A few of my seed have sprouted for my 2010 season so I thought i'd post a couple of pics. Nothing too flash at this stage but will be sure to keep updating as they progress. Hopefully I will end up with around 50 or so plants (including ones in the groung already and a few Bird's eyes and Orange Habs), however I was going through Timmies thread the other day and I may just regret that many plants.
So here is the list ATM
Seeds in: 4 x Trini Scorp, 4 x 7 Pot, 4 x 7 Pot "Jonah", 4 x Yellow 7 Pot, 4 x Naga Morich, 4 x Dorset Naga, 4 x Bih Jolokia, 4 x Bhut Jolokia and 4 x Choc Bhut. I'm trialling the aspirin mix on one tray while the other will be getting "normal" nutes.
This is Tray #1 (no aspirin) planted 29 Apr 2010
2010growlog012.jpg

This is tray #2 (aspirin) planted 02 May 2010
2010growlog001.jpg

The seedlings from Tray #1
2010growlog011.jpg

The seedling from tray #2
2010growlog010.jpg

So I'm not expecting much from the aspirin at this stage. I soaked those seeds in an aspirin solution for 8 hours prior to sowing them. and give them a dose every week but other than that they all just get plain old tap water. but again once a fortnight they get a dose of weak nutes.

Tray one has the following shoots; 2 x Trinin Scorp, 2 x Bih Jolokia, 2 x 7 Pot, 1 x 7 Pot "Jonah", 1 x Yellow 7, 1 x Bhut and 1 x Dorset Naga.

Trat #2 has only got 1 x 7 Pot, But just discovered this morning that it has hooks coming up from Trini Scorp and Dorset Naga.

Well here are a couple of pics of the set up. Not much to look at right now but I'll post more tomorrow when I get it finished.
Both cells are linked so the conditions remain the same for both. They are both run by the one 1000 l/hr pump.
100_0844.jpg

100_0843.jpg

Any thoughts?

Cheers Timmy, how's you're season goin so far? Haven't had the chance to check out you're new thread in while but will stop in for a look soon.

FINALLY! A half decent up date!!

Moved 12 plants into the Hydro system today, Christ I hope they go ok coz I have to fly back to work tomorrow.

We'll start with the nutes, I'm mixing them about 1/3 strength. Had to get hold of some Ph Down as well coz my tap water is at 7.4, but I'm not sure I can trust the Ph tester I bought. It's an el cheapo from Kmart. Well enough blabbin on.

100_0861.jpg

Now for the transition pics.
These little guys are the same age as all the others but both are stunted but I just couldn't bring myself to put either of them down. The small one is only about three inches tall and only just now working on his 4th set of true leaves (thats almost a set a month)
100_0854.jpg

Here is the little brother
100_0855.jpg

100_0853.jpg

100_0852.jpg

100_0851.jpg

100_0850.jpg

100_0849.jpg

100_0848.jpg

That is a really nice system. I totally covet that. :eek:
I think 5 min every hour should be good. There I go again :liar: talking about something I know nothing about. :doh:
I can't wait to see how these do. I am on the edge of my seat.

Thanks ABM I hope it all works out. Should be a good little experiment. Even if I get this run wrong I have a shed load more seeds to sow and they can go into it at a younger age.

Your set up looks awesome!! i didn't realise how far behind i am lol. not liking my chances of beating you... but i'll give it a good go!

Lol. I don't think I'll be too hard to beat, I have too much time away from home to kepp everything running smoothly. I'm working 8 days on, 6 days off ATM but occasionally I do 3 weeks on 6 days off which makes it difficult to do nute changes. But hopefully I can keep up with it all

Also thinking of getting a heap of little bubblers going over time they look to be one of the cheapest hydro solutions. DarkTrack did a good how-to on a bubbler set up which looks good.

Well it's been quite a while since an update. I now have around 80 plants. 24 in Hydro and 54 in pots. I also made 12 DWC systems the other day so we can do a direct comparison between them and my other Hydro sytem (which has stalled quite seriously, I might add) and see which will work better. I still have 4 spots available in Hydro just waiting for a couple more 7 Pot strains to germinate. I started heaps of sees in rock wool this time and also tried my hand at germinating in a perlite/vermiculite mix, the rock wool worked far better for me and is a perfect prelude to a hydro destination. I think I may just need a little more practice with soil type germination techniques as I truely suck at it.

I don't have pics at the moment but I will definately take some and post them as soon as this rain stops!

:cheers:

Jas

Well it's still raining heavily outside so no pics yet. But I have done a complete list for y'all to take a look at.
I may have told a white lie too, it's more like 100 odd plants.

Sowed on:
29/4/10 - 2/5/10

In pots:
Bhut Jolokia x 1
Bih Jolokia x 3
Choc Bhut Jolokia x 2
Dorset Naga x 1
Naga Morich x 1
Trinidad Scorpion x 3
7 Pot/Pod x 5

In Hydro:
Bhut Jolokia x 1
Bih Jolokia x 1
Choc Bhut Jolokia x 3
Dorset Naga x 1
Naga Morich x 1
Trinidad Scorpion x 2
7 Pot/Pod x 1
7 Pot/Pod "Jonah" x 1
7 Pot/Pod Yellow x 1

18/8/10

In DWC:
7 Pot/Pod:
Barrackpore x 1
Burgundy x 1
Brain Strain x 2

Trinidad Scorpion
Chocolate x 1
Morouga x 1
Orange x 1
Sunrise x 1
Yellow x 1
Cross Giant White Hab (G/W/H x 1

Bhut cross G/W/H x 1
Fatali x 1

In Pots:

7 Pot/Pod
Brain Strain x 3
S.R Strain x 2

Bhut
Cross G/W/H x 2
Yellow x 3

Fatali x 2
Scotch Bonnet x 1
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet x 1
Red Congo Trinidad x 2

Hab
Carribean Red x 2
Chocolate x 1
Mustard x 1

Trinidad Scorpion
Chocolate x 1
Morouga x 1
Orange x 1
Sunrise x 1
Yellow x 1
Cross G/W/H x 2

EDIT: And I HATE this part!! Unknown x 13

Store Bought:

In Ground:
Orange Hab x 1 (I think it's just you're everyday Hab variety, it's not overly hot)
Serrano x 1
Red Cayenne x 1
Birds eye x 1
Capsicum "Cilli Fire" x 1 (not sure if thats what it's really called but thats on the label)
Jalepeno approx 15

In pot:
Jalepeno x 1

Thanks for following.

Another thing I forgot to mention; I'm having a lot of trouble germinating 7 Pot Douglah, Black Pearl and rocoto Yellow. Anyone got any special tips for these particular varieties?

Jas, Ive had the exact opposite to you with the Douglahs. They were the first up and also somewhere between 90-100% success.
Only a basic set up - Jiffys, plastic tubs and a 15w heat cord.
Hope your luck improves mate.

Cheers mate. Should do better this time round I hope I was tying to Germ around 85 odd seeds at once so this time I can be a little more focused.... I hope!! I think they may have been kept too wet... but every thing else sprouted so not sure...

Well it's been quite some time since I've done an update..... But here goes.

Here's a Bih Jolokia I've got going. Not sure why but i really like this picture, especially in the non cropped form.
Bih3.jpg

This pic isn't very clear but you can just make some little bugs I'm a tad concenred about. I'll get a clearer pic tomorrow but on the bright side I found a couple of lady bugs on some plants.
Bih2.jpg

Here is my first pod! It's showing the first signs of red too! It's not too big but I'm sure it's going to hurt none the less! I had a few other pods but the birds got to them before i could! BASTARDS!!!
Bih1.jpg

And here is a Trini Scorp I have on the go. This thing suffered quite a set back as did all my plants due to a clean freak of a wife and some bleach, but has made an awesome recovery! Most of the others are coming back well but there are a couple that won't produce this summer I think. :(

This is not a bad pic you can see up to the right there is one of MANY clusters.
Scorp1.jpg

Here is another nice flower.
Scorp2.jpg

Scorp3.jpg

Back