• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JoynersHotPepper 2015 Pepper Party

So far behind this year, have not even made a list for 2015. This shall be the week to shed the lazy!

10423817_949848828382177_1789482448508038820_n.png

JoynersHotPeppers said:
A bunch of people are growing this out this season. If mine grow true I will share seeds as always, not looking for the next great pepper but must admit this one if far different than any other there. :)

Best of luck with your 2015!

I only know of one other unknown pepper that's also distinct enough to be interesting and stand on it's own, which is why I co-opted your naming strategy ...

You're supposed to be the echo chamber test. If you grow it out and don't find it nearly as captivating, it's possibly not interesting to anyone but me =)

I can send you more seeds if you need some more, but mine did pop in the end - all three of 'em, lol ...

grantmichaels said:

I only know of one other unknown pepper that's also distinct enough to be interesting and stand on it's own, which is why I co-opted your naming strategy ...

You're supposed to be the echo chamber test. If you grow it out and don't find it nearly as captivating, it's possibly not interesting to anyone but me =)

I can send you more seeds if you need some more, but mine did pop in the end - all three of 'em, lol ...
I replanted, let ya know soon. 
tctenten said:
Just potted a couple of them up. They are on there way.
You have a glog?

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I replanted, let ya know soon.

I need to eat them again.

Let me put it to you this way ...

If there was a catastrophe and I had a choice between all of my other plants, versus saving a single one of those, I'd save it ...

I need to have salsa like the batch I whipped up again.

I need to do the work I wouldn't do last time (they are a bitch to slice and de-seed), and have them all done up, like I didn't ...

Sounds a lot like crack ...

grantmichaels said:

I need to eat them again.

Let me put it to you this way ...

If there was a catastrophe and I had a choice between all of my other plants, versus saving a single one of those, I'd save it ...

I need to have salsa like the batch I whipped up again.

I need to do the work I wouldn't do last time (they are a bitch to slice and de-seed), and have them all done up, like I didn't ...

Sounds a lot like crack ...
Pretty sure I know what they are...if mine grow we can share and tell ;) I was trying to find pictures of mine from 5 years ago but I burned them from my memory due to picking 500 to 750 pods off a single plant

I'm pretty sure you don't - which is why I'm excited ...

But, I decided I'd start a pair of 'control' Wild Brazil's (PL) for good science ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426377532.969941.jpg

#doubledown
Those pods don't look the same, they are elongated of sorts, and mine were like little tomatoes/tangerines if I recall ... little fatties ...

They are a tough skin, shiny and leathery, and there's usually like 8-12 seeds crammed in there like a clown car ...

There's 0% cavity ...

No kidding.  I haven't found any dead ones, but I know they're there.  Two or three years ago, I had thousands and thousands of them that hibernated in a corner of a room I don't use much.  I swept up quite a few dead ones that year.  This year I've only seen them one at a time.  For all I know, it's the same one.

Sawyer said:
No kidding.  I haven't found any dead ones, but I know they're there.  Two or three years ago, I had thousands and thousands of them that hibernated in a corner of a room I don't use much.  I swept up quite a few dead ones that year.  This year I've only seen them one at a time.  For all I know, it's the same one.
I need to add sand tomorrow to the top of the cups...worked like a charm last year! 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I need to add sand tomorrow to the top of the cups...worked like a charm last year! 

I'm confused. :confused:  Works like a charm for what?  Keeping lady bugs happy?

Back