• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if everything is blue then it just levels the field and you vote for the one you would eat if not blue so being blue makes no sense since you vote if not blue, geeme, you blue yet? :tear:
LOL - It could be purple!

Ok, okay.... you guys don't get it! No, making things blue (or whatever) doesn't mean the same value of blue for everything, and doesn't mean you couldn't mix in a tad of red or yellow to push the blue in different directions for different things, as long as it stayed mostly blue. Part of the challenge would be figuring out, for example, which items needed just a hint of blue, vs. what needed a deeper blue - think baby blue vs. sky blue vs. midnight blue. Or yes, do you push it to a blue-green for something? Closer to blue-violet for another? And what foods would take the addition of blue without ending up looking like, mud, maybe. (Orange and blue, for example, become what many call mouse-grey.) It wouldn't have to be so strict that absolutely everything was blue - could be that some key item would be blue, but you could put other colors with it.

Or, yes, do red-white-and-blue, whatever. The point would be to colorize things differently from how they normally appear, yet still somehow end up looking like something you want to eat, without referring back to original colors.

But never mind...... you guys clearly aren't up to this level of challenge! ;)

:salsaladypeeksintheroomandshouts:

Are We There Yet??????

:sigh:

ps- PM me when it's called.... . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The point would be to colorize things differently from how they normally appear, yet still somehow end up looking like something you want to eat, without referring back to original colors.

Blackened!

I agree gemme dun lost her minddd!

it's a black out? Is it called? Or are we all being black -balled?

I had a "happy accident" in the kitchen today. Went to fix something to eat, and accidentally broke something. Decided to change directions and make something standard to salvage the situation. Turned out I didn't have all the ingredients to make the standard thing. Okay, but I did have..... oh, and I also had......

By the time I got done improvising with ingredients, I was unsure what was going to come of it. Threw it in a pan, and ...... huh. Well..... huh. Interesting. Then I gave it a try.

Let's just say I have something I think will come in quite nicely for a future TD! :D

Nice salvage G!!!! :)

You kind of just described my daily kitchen experience! Right down to the breaking something!!!!!

'Cept mine are rarely TD-worthy....So CONGRATS!!!!!! And Cheers! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back