• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June TD - Stump Sum - BURGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a preview:

Stump Sum's Burger Throwdown

Outdoor cooking only. Charcoal/wood or gas. No electric.
Any meat (or veg) patty/patties.
Everything hot on the burger must be cooked (or heated for pre-cooked/cured ingredients) on the grill. May use saute pans, cast iron, etc. for the toppings but the burger must be grilled (direct heat).
One side allowed, hot or cold.
Be creative. The best burger will Stump Sum... or Sum will rein victorious with 6 crowns and a four-peat. Can he do it?

Okay now you have to wait until June.

You guys decide if it's grilling, or burgers on the grill. Want to keep it grilling, for June, and burgers would be more focused. Discuss.

EDIT: I'm leaning toward burgers on the grill, gas or charcoal/wood fire.

I'd rather see a list of burgers than steak, burgers, weird foo foo to judge.

Burgers would be cool...but anything on the grill would be awesome.

I actually like the sound of that...hang on...

The future called...my crown looks great.

Similar to Build a Better Burger rules where you cook everything on the grill for the burger. I would also suggest everyone enter BBB with their creation. So write down your recipes as you go.

I agree musky and Sum, the more focused TDs are better for voting, and a level playing field.

Speaking of a "level playing field"...I have a thought...the only problem I have with this, is how people like their burgers cooked. I cut mine open, and it's well done (the ONLY way I eat them), and instantly alienate half the voting block because I left my burger on there as long as I like it. I look at your burger,a nd it's the best thing here...but pink in the middle...so what do I do? Most of us can probably look past how long the meat was cooked...and honestly, that really would be the most trivial part of all the steps since it's simply a matter of time, not prep. But...I think we will need to at least mention to take into consideration the rest of the meal OVER how "done" the meat is. It would probably be overkill to "ban" cut open/inside pics...but it would level that playing field...just an idea...

Should we call this Stump LB? :lol:

You'll have to cook it either how you like it or how you think voters will like it. Instructing them to avoid the temp will not work, people vote how they vote. If I say vote for the "most original" people still vote for what looks best to them. So I guess you'll have to figure that out and cook accordingly.

Okay that's the plan folks. It's too early to keep going on this for me, I'll check back closer to the date.

I may be pissin' in the wind on this one...I don't like any pink in burgers or steaks...won't touch it. I also realize I'm the minority...and cut open pics are going to be mandatory for this one. I'll have to think about entering this before I go through the hassle of taking, uploading, converting, resizing, cropping, uploading to PB, then posting here. Don't get me wrong...great idea...I love it...just kinda feels like a fat chick in a swimsuit competition for this...

Posting pics of burgers with no money shot should be a sin if its not already.

Don't kid yoursef' y'all, Sum didn't win 5 crowns for not playing with his meat properly. He ain't no punk. Puttin' the double secret probation stump Sum smackdown on him will only encourage his inner Bear, that guy. He can probably outgrill most of us with only a zippo lighter and a fork.

I get it LB. We all lose some votes for some reason or another. I remember when I missed out on a vote specifically because I had Busch Light in my pic, and was told by that member THAT was the only reason why.

I count the Busch Light as a condiment.

TB, does this mean I am going to have to send another package to Frisco?

uh no. I couldn't eat the Martin's up fast enough so one pack is in the freezer. The first pack was divine. 'Side's, to even come close to being competitive, I may have to make my own buns.

What in tarnation is BBB? I ain't no member of no Better Businessess Bureaus.

And I hate being the stupidest member on THP.

Kinda hard not to call you the stupidist when it's right there with a link in the part of the post you didn't quote :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back