• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June Throwdown Ideas

Next Throwdown

• Fast Food Made Slow (Cook your favorite fast food meal, but gourmet style and spicy)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Pie (meat pies etc.)

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Off The Grill

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Spicy Dessert

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Carnie Food (carnival/fair foods, vendor stand foods, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 5 ingredient hot sauce, used on a cooked meal

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stuffed - anything stuffed

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the pie thing. I was thinking it would get TB and the SoFlo posse out of that fried foods comfort zone thing. But then I remembered...

mcDpie.jpg

Just Joshing with ya'all! :P

Maybe once a year for another Secret Ingredient challenge. I like that one, but some things take more than 2 days to plan, shop for and pull together.

Or the Off The Grill would be good for Father's Day. Especially for me, SalsaDude does the grillin'!!!!

Nope, she means the savoury pastry type. Kind of an Aussie institution is the humble meat pie. I mean meat loosely in a commercial pie...dunno what's really in there. Hoof, eyes, guts, sawdust...:lol:

It'll be hard to get the chile peppers worked into a sweet pie. How about Off the Grill, or chicken, or Stuff It with extra credit for pie?

I also like the 5-ingredient hot sauce/salsa idea.

Spicy Desert Throwdown gets my vote!

Secret Ingredient II sounds good too (seeing as I FAILED and missed the last one).

And I thought I might just throw it out there... what about pie? Anyone thought of that yet?

Pie is too open. I can't see judging a pizza pie against a blueberry, and an Aussie meat pie. Needs to be defined. Maybe enclosed hand pies, empanada style.

Chicken and waffles? Well that's just one dish, that means everyone makes chicken and waffles. Seems boring. It's just fried chicken on waffles you can't do much more too it that would taste good.

thehotpepper.com said:
Pie is too open. I can't see judging a pizza pie against a blueberry, and an Aussie meat pie. Needs to be defined. Maybe enclosed hand pies, empanada style.

Chicken and waffles? Well that's just one dish, that means everyone makes chicken and waffles. Seems boring. It's just fried chicken on waffles you can't do much more too it that would taste good.

It can always be a....

Celebrity Chilli Pie Death Match! :lol:

What about just making it meaty pies with a crust and a top?

Separate vegetarian option (or none at all)

You mean I can finally do my French Toast Poppers?! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back