• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June Throwdown Ideas

Next Throwdown

• Fast Food Made Slow (Cook your favorite fast food meal, but gourmet style and spicy)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Pie (meat pies etc.)

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Off The Grill

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Spicy Dessert

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Carnie Food (carnival/fair foods, vendor stand foods, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 5 ingredient hot sauce, used on a cooked meal

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stuffed - anything stuffed

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someday your testes will produce children too and you will see the culinary opportunity baby food presents.

I hereby vow to win (or enter) a throwdown (or at least post a drunken chef)using baby food. Regardless of the secret ingredient

so there...

I think we've been punked. :lol: Now back to the suggestions.

World Cup in South Africa doesn't start until June 11th and the throwdown is the 4th. But South Africa would be fun.

Chicken is SOOOOO overdone! I mean, we cook so much chicken on a regular basis, it'd be more fun to work on something different.

Dim sum, never done that, would definitely be something new.

Yea, gotta do bacon eventually.

Still like Grill with a Pie. (Hey, that could be a new TV show for one of our members.....(Grill With a Pi) :) )

We can repeat stuff too, I mean we need to do burgers and pizza again eventually. Could be the same or add a twist to make it different doesn't matter. Just saying.

FadeToBlack said:
Where ya been Boutros?

Here and there bro, been a busy year :)

I don't think I even like Spam. I just panicked. Could be a challenge to make it throwdown good...

We ever done like a five-ingredient max meal thing? Five might be boring, but you get the idea. Making something simple outstanding enough to win.

Dim sum I says.....although, melllymel might be on to something...I could do a meat pie. Pork pie. neil had a killer pie, maybe a pot pie.....maybe we should honor our Aussie brother's and sisters. Nova, you got a meat pie right? Roo? Damned Aussie's anyway......

Finn Stinson and his brother Rupert were Aussies/NZ brothers who were flyfishing guides in Alaska with me. Finn fell asleep at the wheel driving and killed him and his brother Roo....God I miss those two bastards...I say a meat pie in their honor! I have to cry now......

TB- You caught a nerve. I'm down for a pie. For Finn, for Roo... for all the others... I want my pie and I want to eat it too!

[Tipping a bit of the 40 tonight for Darin and Dad]

Pie!

texas blues said:
Dim sum I says.....although, melllymel might be on to something...I could do a meat pie. Pork pie. neil had a killer pie, maybe a pot pie.....maybe we should honor our Aussie brother's and sisters. Nova, you got a meat pie right? Roo? Damned Aussie's anyway......

Finn Stinson and his brother Rupert were Aussies/NZ brothers who were flyfishing guides in Alaska with me. Finn fell asleep at the wheel driving and killed him and his brother Roo....God I miss those two bastards...I say a meat pie in their honor! I have to cry now......

I still have a couple of killer meat pies in the freezer :D

Sad about your mates...

I can narrow down chicken to "Anychicken dish other than ttaditional American"
What you are left with will be, Oriental, Japanese Tori Niku, Indian, creole or whatever.

i still say pie... but we can narrow it down to put a lid on it.. it must have a lid and should be savoury... go PIE!!

please dont cry TB... I'll have to send someone over to give you a hug if you do.. and chances are it'll be either paulie or PF :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back