• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June Throwdown Ideas

Next Throwdown

• Fast Food Made Slow (Cook your favorite fast food meal, but gourmet style and spicy)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Pie (meat pies etc.)

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Off The Grill

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Spicy Dessert

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Carnie Food (carnival/fair foods, vendor stand foods, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 5 ingredient hot sauce, used on a cooked meal

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stuffed - anything stuffed

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thehotpepper.com said:
I'm not that excited over pies most pictures will look the same. A pie cut open with some meat inside. Tasting is the key. Don't think it works.

Maybe Aussie foods instead. Meat pies and more, and lots of research for the rest.

Giaharrrrr!!!!

'Tis a challenge I hear! :)

(Crud! I just burnt my roasting pine nuts! :shocked:)

I think I'll make that Steak and Ale Chipotle Pie this weekend nonetheless just to try and present it in a visually stunning way for THP. :cool:

Pies are winter food. Hmmm. You guys really want pies?

Boooooooo.

Carnie food! Carnie food!

Here's another...

Fast Food Made Slow

Take your favorite fast foods and make them with quality ingredients, chilihead style.

thehotpepper.com said:
Here's another...

Fast Food Made Slow

Take your favorite fast foods and make them with quality ingredients, chilihead style.

Thisyar is my sujeschan .Ya guys accept it or this bullet goes thru your thick skulls. So sez THP. LOL.

The drunks will be logging on soon let's see what they say :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:
The drunks will be logging on soon let's see what they say :lol:

PIE! :)

Just Kiddin'

I just wanted to make that pie...

...so I'll make it regardless.

I'm cool with carni food, though I might have a bit of a creativity block...but more's the challenge.

Problem with sayin' let's make it about summer foods is that it's winter where quite a few chilliheads live...

Why not make an official veggie fest? It offers variety, everyone has something that will be available regardless of where theylive and it offers eye appeal!

thehotpepper.com said:
I'm not that excited over pies most pictures will look the same. A pie cut open with some meat inside. Tasting is the key. Don't think it works.

Maybe Aussie foods instead. Meat pies and more, and lots of research for the rest.

I was thinking the same thing about looking the same. I would be for it, but I don't think it would be all that exciting.

DTS thanks, seriously, for the clarification. I can see why people love PIE!! In Miami there is a huge Cuban influence in our cooking, and they make empanadas, which are fried versions of "pasties". It would be fun to try my hand at that for a throwdown!

THP, you have some really good ideas too! esp. carnie and chilify. I am also concerned that pies would all look quite similar.

That being said, I have already been thinking about acquiring some rabbit to make a "hare pie"

thehotpepper.com said:
... A pie cut open with some meat inside... Tasting is the key...

Yup, that about sums up the presentation of an Aussie pie :rofl: But Dan, you forgot the creative dollop of tomato sauce on top :D

thehotpepper.com said:
Pies are winter food.

June IS winter in the land of Oz! Boooo! We Aussies are being discriminated against cause our seasons ain't the same! :P lol

I still reckon spicy desert is a goer. Sure it may be a broad category, but wouldn't that mean that hopefully we will see many different plates brought to the table?

The next 10 replies with suggestions will be a poll!!!!!!!!!! One per person.

#1 Fast Food Made Slow (gourmet and spice up your favorite fast foods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back