JungleRain, Hot Chilli Sauce

I'm trying to do my reviews as i eat. So far the Caribbean Dream is awesome on roast chook and i can tell will go awesome with pork as well. Just a bit og a tart aftertaste that i am not accustomed to, wont stop me eating it though :D
Next the Scorpion Sting goes really well with curried chicken and rice. I likr the tang this one has and it warms all the way to the stomach with a solidly mild tounge sting.

Up next, Scorched Earth.
I just had to go try those three again to see what you are on about and I think you are right! :lol:

And speaking of roast pork..... two words: White Lighting.

Inquisition is creepy! :lol:

Not being a yes man here, but I do really like the labels.

I do like the idea of themed backgrounds too, but I also like how Inquisition stands out. I would definitely keep the labels how you have them and save themed backgrounds for limited editions. (I like the idea of limited editions too, BTW. ;))

I think that they will be just fine in glossy vinyl. Labels don't sell hot sauce, the contents does!

Actually i find that labels and looks do sell sauces, especially when people are ordering off the internet and can't taste them, so do gimmicks. You could have the best tasting sauce in the world but if it doesnt grab your attention or someone elses stands out more they will grab that one first and you might loose out. eg. one of my best selling sauces is Ass Reaper (from USA) http://wildfirechilli.com.au/products/Ass_Reaper-58-2.html
It is dressed like a grim reaper and everyone has a laugh or picks that up before anything else. Of course contents are important but imo labels are just as much.

Actually i find that labels and looks do sell sauces, especially when people are ordering off the internet and can't taste them, so do gimmicks. You could have the best tasting sauce in the world but if it doesnt grab your attention or someone elses stands out more they will grab that one first and you might loose out. eg. one of my best selling sauces is Ass Reaper (from USA) http://wildfirechill...eaper-58-2.html
It is dressed like a grim reaper and everyone has a laugh or picks that up before anything else. Of course contents are important but imo labels are just as much.

I agree with you, when you can't taste the sauce, the label is an important part of the sell and reviews the other one, in my opinion

I have to agree with wildfire , branding is what sells your product to the general public only the discerning chilli fiend would simply go on contents.

In saying that I think the style of label on the Inquisition is great and I think each label/sauce needs a unique design to capture the attention of the public.

I already instantly know which one the inquisition is and it is one of the most talked about already. Why?? Because you can recognise it through its label.

The label/brand is what most people recognise initially in a shop not the name so much, as that is secondary to recognising the product in the first place.

I think each of your sauces need a unique label JR, not saying the current labels are not good (far from it) but I keep having to look back at the bottle for the name, not so with the inquisition it has stuck in my mind simply by the branding.

That is only my opinion though.

Now I have just sampled my first sauce 'Dragon Berry' WOW, I instantly thought of spicy plum sauce on my initial taste and then it warmed nicely and left a nice peppery berry flavour in my mouth. (would go awesome with a nice Merlot or Shiraz). That was by itself,

I then tried it with my dessert which was Red Velvet Cake and it was simply amazing, and the sugar cut the heat down to a nice peppery flavour and also brought out cinnamon flavours. My wife and 2 children both loved it and my wifes reaction was that she thought it tasted like 'Christmas' (plum,cinnamon, and she thought it also had a gingery after taste)

All in all fantastic I actually really want to try it on some crispy duck as I think it would be a perfect accompaniment .

AWESOME WORK JR :dance:

no postie presents in WA yet... :mope:

Its worth waiting for mega fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I have just through sampling the whole nine with initial tasting and notes.

My favourite ones so far are not the initial ones I thought I would have liked the most simply by reading the ingredient list.

I am thinking my favourite will change around as I taste them in different situations.

But I can tell you they taste GOOOOOD

Bloody Murder is another one which goes great with sweeter/rich food, while still having a very savoury taste (a little like pickled onions at some points). Loving the Berry flavour though and would go great with Shiraz/Merlot and Dark Chocolate I think

Just got through eating some steamed Pork Dim Sims with all of the sauces ... I think my favourites with that combo is Caribbean Dream, Dragon Berry and Scorched Earth , With Caribbean Dream coming out on top (just)

Just tried a few quickly on biscuits and they were all nice and unique. Yellow Fever was my first choice ( I love yellow chillies for flavour) and it didn't disappoint. Only thing is it could perhaps be a little hotter though. Inquisition I tried also, nice heat and flavour. I'm just eating curry for lunch so will have to wait for my taste buds to settle down before trying anymore, only thing is I'm afraid I will run out of sauce within a couple of tastings. Better get these in production quickly Grant! :)

Roast Pork + Caribbean dream = Awesome :)

EDIT: Actually it was White Lightning I meant!

White Lightning was the hardest one to make, I had to keep tweeking the recipe so that I could get a light colour also...

I'm really happy that you guys are liking the sauces...remember if there's anything you don't like, please ssay so.....so I can fix it

Just tried a few quickly on biscuits and they were all nice and unique. Yellow Fever was my first choice ( I love yellow chillies for flavour) and it didn't disappoint. Only thing is it could perhaps be a little hotter though. Inquisition I tried also, nice heat and flavour. I'm just eating curry for lunch so will have to wait for my taste buds to settle down before trying anymore, only thing is I'm afraid I will run out of sauce within a couple of tastings. Better get these in production quickly Grant! :)

I'm glad you finally got them Candice!

I hope your happy with them...

Back