• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest March TD, African

What's your pick for March's TD?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahahahah reload WHOOT!
What the hell was in that everclear, absinthe, peyote, margarita?

that-awkward-moment-when-your-friends-thumb-makes-you-look-like-a-tranny.jpg

My prediction...is African food will win...and 6 people will enter the TD.

But...a Ramen TD might inspire that one college kid surviving on Ramen and Keystone Light to struggle through, finish college, and be successful. So...a vote for Ramen is a vote for the future of your country. A vote for anything else means you hate college kids, and probably kick puppies when you see them.

Boss is secretly stacking the votes....hixs, super, TB, Habheat, are all gonna wake up in the morning and be like, "I don't remember voting....."

I'd like to do African - West coast, East coast- gangster ramen- i got ramen here everyday - goat curry, pepper soup, shitto prawns, gran pea soup, Libyan , Ethiopian- come on folks give a try- very underrated food and amazing.Liberian is similar to food you'd find down in deep south , collard greens, beans, etc. South East Mozambique has all the Arab and Indian flavours. Kenya, Tanzania- very Indian influenced. West cost has Lebanese elements. Choose you country- you gonna find chillies.

I'd like to do African - West coast, East coast- gangster ramen- i got ramen here everyday - goat curry, pepper soup, shitto prawns, gran pea soup, Libyan , Ethiopian- come on folks give a try- very underrated food and amazing.Liberian is similar to food you'd find down in deep south , collard greens, beans, etc. South East Mozambique has all the Arab and Indian flavours. Kenya, Tanzania- very Indian influenced. West cost has Lebanese elements. Choose you country- you gonna find chillies.

I don't think anyone is saying we don't want to experiment with, or try African cuisines...not at all. It's just that a lot of us "regulars" on the TD have been wanting to do a Ramen ThrowDown for a long time. Every one of us has a secret weapon...and a craving for hot-rod-ramen every once in a while. In fact, I think a lot of us would like to do an African ThrowDown...but in light of the fact that Ramen is, for once, getting serious consideration...we just hate to see it get passed over.

Regardless of what the choice is, I'll be there if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back